Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History in the Making?

Good luck Bob!
    If he wins Album of the Year Award for his work on 'Sound & Color' by Alabama Shakes, he'll be the first person in the 58-year history of the Grammies to win the award four times in four different years.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Best of luck to Bob!

Maybe not history in the making, but Professor Keith O. Johnson is also up for another Grammy, Best Engineered Classical LP: Saint Saens Symphony No. 3. I have the LP and it's another stellar job by KOJ and RR.
    Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

Monday is music’s night to shine, with the annual Grammy Awards, and among the Bay Area artists nominated is an audio engineering legend.

Comment

There were rumors that Steve Jobs had a Spectral system, they seem to be true...
        Analog: VPI Aries 3, custom suspension/Magnetically stabilized JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90/Modded & shielded Pass XP-25 Digital: Spectral 3000SL/Heavily modded Alpha DAC & Yggy2 Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-500AR Speakers: Heavily modded MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods)/Modded REL Cabling: Shielded MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strips, Magnum Z-Traps; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon

Comment

I think Keith has been nominated several times too.

I also want to say that David Chesky won a Grammy several years ago in the Latin music category? And nominated a couple of times.

Anyone remember any other high-end Grammy nominees? (I guess Telarc too)

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by ack View Post
            There were rumors that Steve Jobs had a Spectral system, they seem to be true...

I don't know about electronics but Steve at one point had the big Wilson Audio speakers around 1999. I know because Dave was trying to arrange an interview for me with Steve for a piece in Ultimate Audio. The interview, sadly, never happened. Would have been fun in retrospect.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Congrats to Bob, he made history!

KOJ didn't fare as well. Surprised, I thought the LP was amazing.

Comment

Although I was cringing when Adele sang... it was a good show.

Comment

Working...
                X