Diana Krall Live in Paris Verve ORG 2002/2011 vs Universal Music Group 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana Krall Live in Paris Verve ORG 2002/2011 vs Universal Music Group 2016

I was thinking of getting this album in the 180 gram 45 rpm. There are 3 issues. The original 2002 Verve ORG and the 2011 Verve ORG and the 2016 Universal Music Group. The prices are about $170 for 2002, $60 for 2011 and $25 for 2016. Whats the difference. Are the sonics similar or is there a most desired version. Thanks
    PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Custom SET 845 monoblocks, Dartzeel NHB108, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp, Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

i didn't realize ORG pressed this record twice, I'll have to look at mine. I played it all of one time, i'm not a DK fan. how horny are you for this record? no matter if its the '02 or '11, you can have mine for what it cost me (list).

Comment

• Kingrex
      Kingrex commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you want for it? 2011 in 180gram 45 rpm limited edition go for $57 to $64 on a lot of sites. 2011 appears to be very similar to 2002 in that it is from the master tapes. The 2016 does not state this so I am going to assume it is from a digital source. I don't need to have a first edition 2002. I would be happy with a 2011. Thanks

What I might be horny for would be a NM or M 1966 Charlie Brown Christmas.
    PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Custom SET 845 monoblocks, Dartzeel NHB108, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp, Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

• Rob
      Rob commented
      Editing a comment
      its cocktail night i'm on my third moscow mule, ask me anything

I I've got the 2002 Verve/org. Very nice record, but not almost $200 nice.
    edit: So I have two of these. 2002 33 1/3 rpm and 2011 45rpm I'll listen and compare. But I can say I listen to the 33 a lot more.
    Last edited by tom_hankins; 08-14-2017, 08:24 AM.
    SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
    DIGITAL - Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Roon Nucleus w/EAT Lps power supply. Auralic Aires G1
    PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
    PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
    AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
    SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) JL Audio F112 V2 (x2)
    CABLES: Kubala-Sosna, Kubala Sosna Xpander.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

the 45rpm original is a fantastic record and from the analog tapes. don't know about the more recent re-pressing.

the original 33rpm is from the digtal master and sucks, the CD is better.....in fact it's a demo quality CD and I've used it for testing.

I have the analog tapes too and they are fantastic.

the analog tapes are from the second night. the CD, 33rpm, and Blue Ray is from the first night. the tracks are the same but the performances are slightly different.
      https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

Comment

• Afveep
        Afveep commented
        Editing a comment
        Having a good analog tape copy (not a LP copy) of this album would be a dream! Any chance you can guide me where you got it?

Has anyone compared the original 2002 ORG 003 pressing with the 2011 ORG 003 pressing cut by Bernie Grundman?
      Speakers/Amps: Genesis G2.2 Jr with Powered Servo-Sub Bass, Genesis GR1440 Mono Amps, 5,000 watts total power
      Preamp: SMc Audio VRE-1C Preamp (fully balanced inputs and output)
      Analog 1: VPI Signature 21 Belt-Drive Turntable w/ 10” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti Phono Cartridge driving Lehmann Silver Cube Phono Preamp
      Analog 2: VPI HW-40 Direct-Drive Turntable w/ 12” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Anna Diamond Phono Cartridge driving Genesis Gold Phono Preamp
      Analog 3: Studer A810 R2R tape w/ Bridge Console. Using built-in tape preamp
      Digital: Lumin Network Player with Lumin NAS
      Cables: Genesis Advanced Technologies/Absolute Fidelity Interface Interconnects, Speaker, Phono and Power
      A/C Power: Extensive System Upgrades, Sub-panel w/hard-wired power cables, and IsoTek Super Titan Passive Power Conditioning for Amplifiers
      Accessories: Custom Acrylic Equipment Stands, Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Pittman View Post
        Has anyone compared the original 2002 ORG 003 pressing with the 2011 ORG 003 pressing cut by Bernie Grundman?
        Joe,

I have two ORG 003 albums. Both are double album. Both are cut by BG (Bernie Grundman). Both are 180 gram (I think. I forgot to measure when I pulled them out). One is double 33 1/3 and the other is double 45. Both have 2002 on the jacket. I believe the double 45 has the small sticker with the session reel-to-reel tape picture on it. Is this what you are referring to?

Dre
        Every day is a good day to play analog.
        - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
        - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
        Every day is a good day for live music.
        Every day is a good day to listen to music.
        Industry Affiliation:
        Contributing Writer, The Absolute Sound

Comment

• Joe Pittman
          Joe Pittman commented
          Editing a comment
          I was referring to the 45RPM versions. I have the 2011 pressings with Bernie's complete signature in the dead wax. I'm curious how this compares with the original 45RPM cut by Doug Sax.

I've got the DVD, its not bad
        Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mono) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Working...
        X