Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	112753

Comment

• lasercd
      lasercd commented
      Editing a comment
      I see what she did here. 😂

• The Style Council - Cafe Bleu

Click image for larger version  Name:	0272C64E-335F-4164-8010-6D6F22AD962C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.88 MB ID:	112756
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Oppo BDP-95, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• Melodymaker
      Melodymaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Those overlapping-content "Cafe Blue"/ "Ever Changing Moods" records are terrific!

• Skylab
      Skylab commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely!!! Great, great stuff 👍🏻

• Melodymaker
      Melodymaker commented
      Editing a comment
      "Paris Match," "Headstart for Happiness"... of course, being a fan of a British band wouldn't be complete without a situation where the UK pressing might sound better but the US album has a fantastic extra song or two (in this case "Solid Bond in Your Heart")!

• Pet Shop Boys ‎– Bilingual. original 1996 UK pressing

Comment

• Steve Earle & The Dukes, "Guy".

Comment

• Blue Mitchell, "Collision In Black".

Comment

• The Time ‎– Ice Cream Castle. 2018 reissue of the 1984 album. Can't believe it took me 35 years to hear and buy this Prince album. damn fine album as well. the reissue sounds excellent as well. Prince in the 80's was so prolific and so brilliant.

Comment

• JCOConnell
            JCOConnell commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought the frontman in the Time was Morris Day, not Prince.??

• Click image for larger version

Name:	7E677EBA-0BE4-4631-B7D6-D2A5271B49CE.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	112880Click image for larger version  Name:	02915B8A-9F3E-4586-8EB0-1E43226D2AD3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	762.8 KB ID:	112879
          SME 10, twin arms, SME IV with Lyra Kleos, SME 309 with Benz Micro Ace Mono.
          Garrard 401 with Ortofon 12" arm and Ortofon SPU Classic GM MkII
          Amp, Luxman 507u
          Speakers, Harbeth SHL5Plus

Comment

• Melodymaker
            Melodymaker commented
            Editing a comment
            English Settlement, heck yes. A+ for music, and sound too if a good pressing!

• kensell21
            kensell21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed a good pressing and definitely a very good sound from my speakers. And the companion lp Skylarking from the same re issue set is just as good.

• Melodymaker
            Melodymaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you talking about the Skylarking reissue from a few years ago, where they discovered and fixed Todd Rundgren's polarity mistake? The one with the different cover artwork?

• Khalid ‎– American Teen. 2017 album from the wunderkid is a ripper. Have to wait till end of May for the vinyl to be released on his new album. My daughters got tickets today to see him live in December.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	112958 while I was searching my Lp library for the Fiedler/Parisenne disc, I found a few of these DCC reissues of Everest Classical releases. I decided to give this one a spin and its excellent musically and sonically , much better than the few Everest originals I have on hand. This one is Copland Appalachian Spring. I forgot DCC even did c'lassical or that I even had these.
            Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

• JCOConnell
              JCOConnell commented
              Editing a comment
              I forgot to mention I bought these dccs in the late 1990's.

• Melodymaker
              Melodymaker commented
              Editing a comment
              The DCC-Everest of Stokowski conducting Tchaikovsky's "Francesca da Rimini" is sorta the Led Zeppelin IV of classical. Meanwhile, I pulled out Mahler 5/ Rudolf Schwartz on original Everest, and was reminded why I own few original Everests... it's too painful hearing good recordings trying unsuccessfully to fight their way through noisy vinyl 😩
              Last edited by Melodymaker; 04-20-2019, 04:02 PM.

• Buddy Guy, Junior Wells and Junior Mance, "Buddy and the Juniors".

Comment

• Root Down, Jimmy Smith Live! Excellent Verve album.

Comment

• Jackie McLean, "4 5 and 6".

Comment

• Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
                  The Time ‎– Ice Cream Castle. 2018 reissue of the 1984 album. Can't believe it took me 35 years to hear and buy this Prince album. damn fine album as well. the reissue sounds excellent as well. Prince in the 80's was so prolific and so brilliant.

Remarkable how much material Prince put out...and yet, the vault awaits.
                  Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

• Melodymaker
                    Melodymaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Prince was brilliant. If only the mid-career stuff had better sound... or maybe there are good-sounding pressings I don't know about? Much of his terrific music (outside the first album or two) has tinny 80s sound that's hard for me to listen through. I remember being blown away by the Sign O' the Times movie in the theater, buying the double LP, and then rarely listening to it... I knew little of audio then but I knew my hand never seemed to reach for that album nor Purple Rain during listening sessions, despite all the fine ideas contained therein.

• Metamatic
                    Metamatic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Imo Sign of the Times sounds mighty good. Especially my Euro pressing. You need to remember Prince had a sound that he liked and that was always one with lots of attack and drive with plenty of upper frequency detail.

• Melodymaker
                    Melodymaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, I may try again after hearing your take on it. I always heard a difference between the bright-but-very-analog attack and drive of the first couple albums, and the tinny treble of the later stuff. But I'd love to hear The Cross or Take the Place Of Your Man sounding great!

• Originally posted by siddh View Post

Remarkable how much material Prince put out...and yet, the vault awaits.
                  Have a look at the Prince vault link, especially the discography - amazing how many projects he had going during the 80's. And yes - there is still the vault with supposedly more albums unreleased than album he actually released when alive. Prince breathed and lived music 24/7. real tragedy he is no longer with us.

http://www.princevault.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

• siddh
                    siddh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very much agree...a talent in the studio and on the stage.

• UNKLE ‎– The Road: Part I. big fan of Unkle since the beginning and remember when this first came out - Meh, talk about boring. now 18 months later, had a bit more of a listen and starting to appreciate the mellow grooves. It certainly ain't anything like their first 3 albums, but its not bad now.

Comment

Working...
                  X