Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Lee, "heartbreak hill". Extraordinary guitarist.

Comment

• seamonster
      seamonster commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the best, yet, he's not often mentioned.

• Slowgeezr
      Slowgeezr commented
      Editing a comment
      Possibly due to him mostly known for his country music playing.

• A bit of Mono:
    Fiedlers 25th
    A great mono compilation of his best conducting.
    RCA Victor Red Seal Mono LM-1790
    Regards,
    Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190912_172459687.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	123430

Comment

• In Session
      Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughn
      Killer electric Blues!
      Streaming on the main Rig,
      Jim

Name:	71wRgUhrqvL._AC_UY218_ML2_.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	123440

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A2382319-4382-44AD-BE49-B1C59FAB7F35.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	123447 Minty white label promo of this killer jazz rock elpee from trumpeter Doug Lucas. Recorded with Belgian musicians with ties to the jazz and prog scene. With touches of funk I’m reminded of Placebo and electric Miles. Produced by Solis Lacus/Plus drummer Bruno Castellucci who brings elements of those bands to the overall sound.
        PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
        www.lasercd.com
        www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

• MPS all-star tribute to Krzysztof Komeda. Pure 🔥

Name:	7E8551AF-45F3-4311-9B84-6DEF129C1F95.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	123451
          www.lasercd.com
          www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

• First album from the late 80s Japanese prog trio has a punkish energy with King Crimson vibes around the edges.

Name:	D64C14A7-5C3D-4146-B4E6-EBA0E9A53581.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	123468
            www.lasercd.com
            www.lasersedgegroup.com

Comment

• The thing I love most about Spotify is that I’m constantly listening to new things. I am more excited about putting on the stereo than I have been in many, many years. No, it doesn’t do all the audiophile stuff, but I’ll take exciting new tunes over pinpoint imaging any day. And it’s NOT anywhere near as bad as some would have you believe. In fact, I now find the sound quality generally quite enjoyable. The downside -
              my billable hours are shrinking dramatically!

Click image for larger version  Name:	7ADA56EF-F226-41FD-A887-261EE01966DD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	297.5 KB ID:	123470
              SME 10/IV, Lyra Kleos, Koetsu Blavk Goldline, Cotter Mk. 2L sut, BAT VK-D5 (diy ‘six-pak’ upgrade), Audioengine D2 WiFi dac (for streaming from iMac desktop), Plinius Hautonga, Totem Forest Signatures, MIT Shotgun S1 phono, Shotgun S1 Proline (cd player), S3 (dac), MIT StyleLink Plus usb, Shotgun S1 speaker cable with AQ jumpers, RGPC Substation and1200S, Marigo Ultra and Reference power cords, Burson Soloist, modified Sennheiser HD580 Precision with Dekoni elite hybrid pads and custom wire, VPI 16.5 and other miscellaneous and sundry widgets, thingamabobs and doodads.

Comment

• On a roll, with the Troll...

Name:	C3DBA518-0DE8-4062-B643-62855B5D3FC2.png
Views:	101
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	123479
                SME 10/IV, Lyra Kleos, Koetsu Blavk Goldline, Cotter Mk. 2L sut, BAT VK-D5 (diy ‘six-pak’ upgrade), Audioengine D2 WiFi dac (for streaming from iMac desktop), Plinius Hautonga, Totem Forest Signatures, MIT Shotgun S1 phono, Shotgun S1 Proline (cd player), S3 (dac), MIT StyleLink Plus usb, Shotgun S1 speaker cable with AQ jumpers, RGPC Substation and1200S, Marigo Ultra and Reference power cords, Burson Soloist, modified Sennheiser HD580 Precision with Dekoni elite hybrid pads and custom wire, VPI 16.5 and other miscellaneous and sundry widgets, thingamabobs and doodads.

Comment

• very very excited that it's arrived. I never thought I would see the day Emancipation would be released on vinyl.
                  On side 2 and sound quality is excellent and maybe the best of the SST remasters based on 4 tracks at least fingers crossed the MPO pressings are OK all the way through

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B18E1BF4-FBDA-4551-8FB9-4C9B96C8637B.png
Views:	107
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	123515

Comment

• Released 40 years ago:

Name:	Bowie_ScaryMonsters_small.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	123520

Comment

• Nscohen17
                        Nscohen17 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m old. ☹️

• Metamatic
                        Metamatic commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Release date: 12 September 1980 you are old next year :-)

• jonathanb
                        jonathanb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It took me a couple of hours to realize there was no way Scary Monsters could have been '79. If so, it would have been Lodger! Nonetheless, it proved a good excise to listen to it again.

• Playing this now nine mix
                      speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
                      mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
                      digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
                      Dacs lampi various

Comment

• Heck I went to my pension office today. I'm so damn old they had to update there files to find me lol.
                        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
                        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
                        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
                        Dacs lampi various

Comment

• Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers ‎– Into The Great Wide Open. underrated Petty album

Comment

• 1morerecord2clean
                            1morerecord2clean commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gorgeous cover art. I wonder if that’s original to the album? Looks like Thomas Hart Benton.

• Not too many of these Supercuts I have purchased recently when they were going out cheap have been clean pressings. Fortunately this one is.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D9271C9B-A06D-4CE9-BC2F-1D512E53C49B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	717.2 KB ID:	123582
                          SME 10, twin arms, SME IV with Lyra Kleos, SME 309 with Benz Micro Ace Mono.
                          Garrard 401 with Ortofon 12" arm and Ortofon SPU Classic GM MkII
                          Amp, Luxman 507u
                          Speakers, Harbeth SHL5Plus

Comment

Working...
                          X