X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Plant, Allison Krause - Raising Sand
    Neyla Pekarek - Rattlesnake
    Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

(all streamed via Qobuz, decided to try it out and compare to Tidal. Still wish one of them had a proper advanced search function to find stuff.)

Steve Lefkowicz
    Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
    --------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

• Don RMGI
      Don RMGI commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the privilege of supplying all of the 2 tape for the tracking and mixing session on Raising Sands, they ended up using over 60 reels of RMGI SM-900 tape for the tracking sessions. The producer, T Bone Burnett was in love with the analog sound at the time, so on almost any major project he was involved in was tracked and mixed on tape. The least amount of 2" I can remember him using on any project was 30 reels. Raising Sands also won 6 or 7 Grammy's in 2008. Not to bad.

• Steve Lefkowicz
      Steve Lefkowicz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. I've loved the album since it came out, but unfortunately bought on CD instead of LP. That is ripped to my server.

• School Days
    Stanley Clarke
    Great Lp and a wonderful cast of players!
    Nemperor Records NE 439
    Regards,
    Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	519oAzSd4mL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	131332

Comment

• A Secret Place
      Grover Washington Jr.
      Killer LP well recorded and well played!
      Kudu Records (CTI)
      Regards,
      Jim

Name:	513Pb2e9v0L._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	131339

Comment

• Supertramp Crime Of The Century 40Th Anniversary Edition 3 LP Box Set includes a previously unreleased live concert from London's Hammersmith Odeon in March 1975, mixed from the original tapes by Crime of The Century's original producer Ken Scott. I’m a fan of live recordings, however many are quite flawed, but these are pretty good with a transparency like they were recorded yesterday, sort of like time travel.

It’s always fun to get a little insight and background into the recordings… In the booklet, the essay by Phil Alexander of Mojo Magazine, said: For Supertramp creating an album whose very sound was now hailed as iconic also provided its own challenges, not least of all how to reproduce the album live. Their sound man, Russel Pope, rose to the challenge and made sure that the band sounded as good as on record. The band already had a relationship with Jeff Byers of Midas. The console in the kitchen at the farmhouse was the first or second Midas console ever made and it had been used for a year or more at live gigs. Russel and Roger had seen Pink Floyd doing Dark Side Of The Moon at Earl’s Court the previous May and there was no question that PA innovator David Martin’s monstrous speaker arrays were what they were going to need to reproduce Crime in all its orchestral glory in a live venue. Midas and Martin Audio went on to become the Rolls Royce of live sound equipment, both in Britain and America. “The idea was that if you came to see Supertramp, it should feel like you were sitting in front of a giant hi-fi, listening to the music through the best speakers in the world, and that’s what it was like,” adds Helliwell. Later, whenever he was asked what he did in Supertramp, Russel tended to say “they make it, I spend it”.

Name:	Supertramp Crime Of The Century Box Set.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	131358

Comment

• The AudioQuest Dragon Zero speaker cables really bring out the purity of Ian’s soprano voice. And the tone of great session guitarist Dan Huff’s guitar.

Name:	15A7E556-B01D-46B4-B6A9-5C8CD25461AD.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	131383
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
          -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
          -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
          -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• I love Yarlung recordings because Bob A. doesn’t always record old war horses. Tape versions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A0D85AE2-7545-49EB-9E83-82F41BDD34E5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	131387Click image for larger version  Name:	850D9D19-C3DB-421C-B0E6-06D33FCA3833.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	131388Click image for larger version  Name:	0C34A840-FE0B-48D0-AE92-A769916A0D75.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	131389

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Talk Talk ‎– The Colour Of Spring. been a Talk Talk fan since the beginning when dancing to them at discos. I remember this album clearly when I bought it when it first came out in 1986. It was so different to the keyboard driven It's My Life, in such an organic way. Playing this on the 12 month old Linn Sondek was mind blowing.

This is the 2012 Euro remaster - very good,a little fuller than the original Aussie pressing which still sounds amazing.

Comment

• Alexandra Savior “The Archer”

Name:	60850861-1E9F-42A4-B782-C9282331EAE3.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	131415

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	5693E057-43BB-47A8-8EAE-CCE49B54196A.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	131421

Comment

• Surprisingly good!

Highly recommended.

Name:	20200210_230213.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	131431

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• Paid a bit for this reissue. Thought had this LP but if did now forever lost. Only consolation is far cheaper than most asking prices. Sonically mindbending. Good thing wasn't high. Massive sound.

Name:	20200210_230202.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	131433

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• kensell21
                        kensell21 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fortunately I still have mine since new. 😊

• One of RVGs finest.

Name:	R-1183972-1327281903.jpeg.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	131435
                      "I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective"...Bill Evans

LP playback: Ariston RD 11 Superieur, Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm, Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s, Valab LCR MkIII, Target wall-mounted turntable shelf

Amplification: Exposure 2010 S2

Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805 on sand-filled Atacama stands

Cabling: Audio Sensibility Statement SE (ics), Audio Sensibility Testaments (spkr)

Comment

• Fuuga mounted in VPI's 12-inch gimballed arm, increased cartridge loading to 280 ohms and settling in AQ Dragon Zero speaker cables. Result? This 45 rpm never sounded like this ever! The purity, inflections, enunciation of her voice, regardless of level are amazing. Like she's in the room and there's absolutely nothing between you and her. Instrumental tone and harmonic overtones are spooky real. Dynamics have an uncanny ease. Not too shabby for an early 1957 stereo recording!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200210_230148.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	131437

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers ‎–2002 - The Last DJ. from the 2016 analog box set. I guess one day I should compare it to my original Euro pressing. underrated album. RIP Tom

Comment

• Tina Brooks, "minor move". This Tone Poet release is excellent, by the way.

Comment

• Slowgeezr
                              Slowgeezr commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Sorry for not posting much, but I've been selling our house down here in Texas and building our dream home, up in Colorado Springs. Moving stuff into storage and and dealing with buyers has been more time consuming than I had hoped. We'll be renting up in CS while our house is being built, and will more than likely have the stereo boxed up during the months we're renting. But, it will be worth it, as the new home will have a finished basement that is ideal for my new media room!

• MylesBAstor
                              MylesBAstor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Congrats buddy! Sounds so exciting!!!

• Slowgeezr
                              Slowgeezr commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks Myles. We couldn't find a home that really wanted, so are having one built, done the way we want. The basement will have nine foot ceilings and the media room will be about sixteen feet wide at its narrowest and over thirty feet long. I might have to increase the volume on my subs, as they are running fifteen DB down, now!
                          Working...
                          X