The Full Concert Video thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Full Concert Video thread!

I'm putting this in the General Music Topics section as I don't want it to be restricted to any specific genre. I'm hoping that by doing so we'll get to see some concerts, artists and/or live albums released from those concerts that we are unfamiliar with or haven't really given much thought to. And when I say released I mean in any format...CD/LP/DVD/Blu-ray.

I'll start it off with one of my favourite performers and concerts...David Gilmour: Live in Gdansk. This was the only time during the On An Island tour whereby a full orchestra was used, and it is also the last time Richard (Rick) Wright performed in public. The version of Echoes they performed that night was magical and (for me) very emotional to hear and view. I truly believe that both David and Rick knew this would be the last time they'd play together. The Pompeii version is classic, but this one tugs at my heart and I consider it the definitive version of Rick's masterpiece.

It was originally released as a 5LP boxset, CD, DVD and CD/DVD combo set. The LP box is OOP, but all others are still readily available.

Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

A good one I picked up after Glen Frey died is the DVD of the Eagles farewell I tour (2004) live in Australia. Its got 30 songs of the eagles and respective solo careers of Henley, Frey, and Walsh. Great performances and pcm stereo sound as well as dts 5.1. not sure if its available on bluray or not.
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post
      A good one I picked up after Glen Frey died is the DVD of the Eagles farewell I tour (2004) live in Australia. Its got 30 songs of the eagles and respective solo careers of Henley, Frey, and Walsh. Great performances and pcm stereo sound as well as dts 5.1. not sure if its available on bluray or not.
      Great concert video! I love Henley's rendition of Wasted Time on that.

Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

• JCOConnell
        JCOConnell commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for posting the video. the uncompressed audio on the pcm track on the dvd sounds better of course btw.
    Working...
    X