Gaite Parisianne VICS vs LSC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaite Parisianne VICS vs LSC

RCA reissued Gaite Parisianne on VICS. Is this the same performance as LSC-1817, or is the same performance as
    the later issue the second version Fiedler did on LSC????
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

https://www.discogs.com/Offenbach-Ga.../master/574303
    PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
    www.lasercd.com
    www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

The second album is LSC-2267 from 1959. It also includes the Khachaturian Gayne Ballet Suite. The first Gaite Parisienne was one of the very first stereo albums that RCA recorded, back in 1954 at the dawn of commercial stereo. This was four years before RCA (and the other record companies) would release the first stereo records. However, RCA did release stereo albums on tape (at first 2 track stereo at 7.5ips). I have both one of those stereo tapes (quite excellent sound) and one of the early records (in one of the favored stampers 10S, 10S). After Harry Pearson put the LSC-1817 on his TAS Superdisc list, the prices went through the roof for used copies. I paid over $100 for my copy (at a time when I hadn't paid that much for more than a handful of records.) What made it particularly scarce was that the LSC-2267 version came out just a year after the LSC-1817 on vinyl. There is some nice back and forth on the Steve Hoffman Forum on this record and different stampers. BTW, the Victrola was a remastering (as most all Victrolas were), rather than just using the existing mothers or stampers.

Not sure why they released a second recording so soon after the first one (of course it was 5 years after the actual recording was made.) RCA did the same (with the same conductor and orchestra) for the first three of their early stereo albums. These rerecordings included the Reiner Also Sprach Zarathustra, the Munch Daphnis et Chloe, in addition to the Fiedler Gaite Parisienne. RCA did rerelease the original albums of these three, as well as many other original RCA Living Stereo albums on their bargain Victrola label, starting a few years after the originals were released. The Daphnis et Chloe is a bit of an oddity because the Victrola reissue was of the two Suites made from the ballet, rather than the ballet itself. I understand that the suites came from the same recording session as the original album.

Larry
      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
      Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
      Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

The plum label Victrola is no slouch!

Comment

Originally posted by srwmiami View Post
          The plum label Victrola is no slouch!
          I have a clean copy of that one too.
          Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Working...
          X