Blue Note reissues coming out December 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Note reissues coming out December 4th

Good news if you missed some of the the creme de la creme titles from the 80th anniv reissues or even the MM release, these will be remastered by Kevin Grey and pressed at Optimal in Germany.

the list: http://www.bluenote.com/classic-vinyl-reissue-series/
    Simon Yorke S10 + My Sonic Lab Eminent GL + B.M.C. MCCI Signature ULN | Simon Yorke S9 + Koetsu Rosewood Standard + AcousticPlan Phonomaster | Wadia X-32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

I'm glad this music stays alive.
    Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
    Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
    Amplifier: New Audio Frontiers Ultimate 211 Special Edition Monoblocks
    Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
    Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
    Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
    Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
    Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
    Vinyl Care: Furutech DF-2 LP Flattener -
    Degritter Ultrasonic & VPI Cyclone RCM
    CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
    Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
    Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
    Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
    Wire: Custom Furutech PC's + Audience Front Row IC's & Speaker Cables
    Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer - SRA Scuttle III Rack, SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

Thanks Rob,

Recommendations from this collection not to be missed from your perspective?
      Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
      Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
      Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

I'm really happy about this but do wish they'd stayed with the high gloss covers like the Tone Poets but in a non-gatefold cover. Adds a measure of lux to it. I posted this elsewhere a few days ago. I'd say every one of these are very worthwhile purchasing, even the Jimmy Smith who I'm not a huge fan of. This is what the 75th Anniv. reissue should have been because many of these titles were reissued during that series. Guess I'm just going to have to buy them again and move my 75ths on.

I have to say the 75ths really got me interested in Blue Note again. 5 years ago I only had about 15 BN lps and now they take up 2 cubicles in my record case.
        "I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective"...Bill Evans

LP playback: Ariston RD 11 Superieur, Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm, Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s, Valab LCR MkIII, Target wall-mounted turntable shelf

Amplification: Exposure 2010 S2

Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805 on sand-filled Atacama stands

Cabling: Handmade interconnects, Audio Sensibility Testaments (spkr)

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this series sells. If you missed out on the Classic blue notes or MMJ this is another chance. For me, maybe 1 or 2 laps max. I have what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Good news if you missed some of the the creme de la creme titles from the 80th anniv reissues or even the MM release, these will be remastered by Kevin Grey and pressed at Optimal in Germany.

the list: http://www.bluenote.com/classic-vinyl-reissue-series/
            Seeing remastered in connection with a re-issue for me means it's guaranteed to sound dead with some possible digitization!

david
            Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
            Distribution: NEODIO

Special Sales: van den Hul
            Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
            http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
            http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

Originally posted by david k View Post

Seeing remastered in connection with a re-issue for me means it's guaranteed to sound dead with some possible digitization!

david
              I don't know about digitization- however, I quite agree that the tone poet series has this hollow dead aspect to it - while it is quiet and dynamic- I just can't get over this over damped room effect that I hear with it.. Not many people agree with me. Most value the fact that the series has been issued- so do I. Not quite my cup of tea. I am probably an outlier on the tone poet series, The price is is right though.

Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X

Comment

Originally posted by kcin View Post

I don't know about digitization- however, I quite agree that the tone poet series has this hollow dead aspect to it - while it is quiet and dynamic- I just can't get over this over damped room effect that I hear with it.. Not many people agree with me. Most value the fact that the series has been issued- so do I. Not quite my cup of tea. I am probably an outlier on the tone poet series, The price is is right though.
                They seem to convert to digital for remastering these days and the morbid darkness is usually the result of digital filters with them trying to take out tape hiss.

david

Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Comment

Tone Poet Series was all analog from original masters. i have most all of them and really like about 90% of them. some not so great sounding.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content...es-coming-2020

all analog is not a panacea, but certainly preferred. but for me it's the performance and sound i hear that is most important. and some digital sourced jazz vinyl sounds pretty good to me. the music and quality of recording together trumps the source format.
                  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
                    ... some digital sourced jazz vinyl sounds pretty good to me. the music and quality of recording together trumps the source format.
                    There are tons of great sounding digital recordings that I also enjoy very much but that's a different topic from digitally remastered analog re-issues.

david

Comment

• Rob
                      Rob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      these will be 100% analog, i'd bet the farm on it.

Originally posted by kcin View Post
                    Thanks Rob,

Recommendations from this collection not to be missed from your perspective?
                    All of these:

December 4, 2020
                    January 15, 2021
                    • Horace Silver – Song for My Father
                    • Wayne Shorter – Speak No Evil

February 12, 2021
                    • Cannonball Adderley – Somethin’ Else
                    • Joe Henderson – Page One

March 12, 2021
                    • Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Moanin’
                    • Hank Mobley – Soul Station

April 9, 2021
                    • Sonny Clark – Cool Struttin’
                    • Jimmy Smith – Back At The Chicken Shack

May 14, 2021
                    • Dexter Gordon – GO!
                    • Eric Dolphy – Out To Lunch

June 11, 2021
                    • Grant Green – Idle Moments
                    • Kenny Burrell – Midnight Blue

July 9, 2021
                    • Freddie Hubbard – Ready for Freddie
                    • Herbie Hancock – Maiden Voyage

Simon Yorke S10 + My Sonic Lab Eminent GL + B.M.C. MCCI Signature ULN | Simon Yorke S9 + Koetsu Rosewood Standard + AcousticPlan Phonomaster | Wadia X-32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

All of these:

December 4, 2020
                      January 15, 2021
                      • Horace Silver – Song for My Father
                      • Wayne Shorter – Speak No Evil

February 12, 2021
                      • Cannonball Adderley – Somethin’ Else
                      • Joe Henderson – Page One

March 12, 2021
                      • Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Moanin’
                      • Hank Mobley – Soul Station

April 9, 2021
                      • Sonny Clark – Cool Struttin’
                      • Jimmy Smith – Back At The Chicken Shack

May 14, 2021
                      • Dexter Gordon – GO!
                      • Eric Dolphy – Out To Lunch

June 11, 2021
                      • Grant Green – Idle Moments
                      • Kenny Burrell – Midnight Blue

July 9, 2021
                      • Freddie Hubbard – Ready for Freddie
                      • Herbie Hancock – Maiden Voyage

Thanks Rob,

Looks like I am buying "dupes" again to see which recording is best..

Comment

Working...
                      X