Bill Evans - Riverside Recordings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Evans - Riverside Recordings

I'm thinking about ordering Bill Evans Riverside Recordings new 200G vinyl collection. The collection is quite good from a music perspecitive. Any feedback on the audio quality of this project?

Thx!

Mike

How many discs are in the collection and are they available separately? If so, you could buy just one to check out the sound quality.
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

If it's another run of the 45 rpm box set released in 2012..they are sublime sounding. It does not get any better.
      Christian
      System Gear

Comment

• Rob
        Rob commented
        Editing a comment
        is it the same metal work from the '12 release?

• rockitman
        rockitman commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure. My guess...the same metal parts. They (Acoustic Sounds) make it sound like this is a new release. I bought mine in Feb 2012.

• jfrech
        jfrech commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll have to agree. I have the 2012 45 RPM set. Amazing recording...I have original pressings on many of these titles. This 45 rpm set is that good...

Thx for the opinions and insights!

Comment

I am seriously thinking about the Evans Box set as well however 45 rpm records drive me nuts. Up and Down...Up and Down...Up and Down

I really wish they would do more great material like this at 33.3
        Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI Mag Drive / Rim Drive HRX w Avenger Reference footers, 2 - 12" VPI 3DR tonearms, 1 - 12" VPI Stainless Steel tonearm, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Truth Mod OPPO 105, Western Electric Speaker wire, DIY & Discovery interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

• JCOConnell
          JCOConnell commented
          Editing a comment
          I dislike 45 rpm releases for the same reason, too many side changes.

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          Get both like I do. So when are lazy can play the 33 rpm and when want the finest in sound put on the 45 rpm.

Originally posted by Letsmakeadeal View Post
        I am seriously thinking about the Evans Box set as well however 45 rpm records drive me nuts. Up and Down...Up and Down...Up and Down

I really wish they would do more great material like this at 33.3
        Gives you some exercise and a chance to grab another beer.
        SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

I have the QRP Bill Evans box set. All 22 discs, 11 albums are gems. It took me a few days to play all of them and surprising to me I really enjoyed all of them. Quality of the pressings are awesome. Well worth the money. As far as 45 rpm while I do have to get up more often I have not noticed any weight loss. It is just not that big a deal to me and I do appreciate the sound. If you like Bill Evans you will enjoy and not regret the purchase (IMHO).
          Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, OPPO BDP 105D, VPI Prime w/Stainless Steel Record Center Weight, Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star, Sutherland 20/20, VPI ADS Analog Drive System, Legacy Audio Signature SE, Legacy Audio Silverscreen HD, Legacy Audio Deco, Legacy Audio Metro XD, Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner Pro

Comment

Working...
          X