Blue Note Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Note Review

Has anyone subscribed to and received the first release? I want to be interested but the $200 cost for 3 LPs (you get some CDs too) and the fact that these are digitally sourced is keeping me away.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Lyra Etna SL, Ortofon Anna, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Wonder how that series compares to these ?

http://www.bluenote.com/vinylreissue...RID=1533132976

Comment

Just not that into designer scarfs Blue Note or otherwise - they don't add any value to the music package to me.

Comment

I received the first release, and enjoy it.

The packaging an presentation is first rate, and if you are a fan of Blue Note then you probably want to consider it for these reasons alone. Not really into the scarf, and platter mat, but the lithographs of Wayne Shorter, and Stanley Turrentine are a nice touch.

I was surprised in the sound quality of the 2LP complication, and if a fan of the majority of those artists I think you will be happy. The (2) CDs are of this album, and don't include the Blue Mitchell material.

In my opinion Blue Note should drop items such as the scarf, and platter mat, and for the same price do a analog remaster of the previously out of print release. If the music is your focus then the Blue Mitchell - Step Lightly will be enjoyable. If analog sourced vinyl is your thing, the Blue Mitchell album might fall short.
        [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

Working...
        X