No announcement yet.

Lyn Stanley’s tapes...any owners here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyn Stanley’s tapes...any owners here?

And anyone know if her new Julie London tribute album will be released on tape? I’m a big fan of Julie London...

https://lynstanley.com/
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

asking way too much $$$

Comment

• Skylab
      Skylab commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I agree!!!

I don't own any of her tapes, but I looked up Lynn Stanley's back story. Very interesting. I think she is one very smart lady, essentially creating her own business which focuses on the audiophile market, not just in R2R tapes but also audiophile vinyl. She also hires top level session players and engineers. This is her third career and she only began singing a few years ago after retiring from two successful careers in Fortune 500 finance and then competitive ballroom dancing. According to one interview she is in her '60's (similar age to Patricia Barber), but with the advantage of not having decades of wear and tear on her voice. The most expensive tapes she sells are individual mix downs from the session master tapes to a two channel master. So you are getting something that almost nobody gets.

Larry
    Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
    Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but you have to like her singing a lot to shell out the bucks for her tapes.

I had a wonderful lunch with Lyn at Axpona last year. She is an amazing lady and we talked a lot about her different careers. One constant is that she’s been successful at everything she’s ever set her mind to. She is in her early 50’s and still gorgeous.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

Comment

Working...