Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Offerings from IPI!

Christmas Release:

For X-mas 2019 I have two releases. Please read the below carefully as it is a lot:

Patricia Barber - Verse

Let me be direct. This is my favorite Patricia Barber album. This is the only Patricia Barber album I listened to in the 90’s when I was deep into jazz only. Verse was called to my attention by another jazz lover who went crazy over it. I agreed. I believe the tune “Pieces” is a masterpiece of modern jazz vocals. Further, the playing by Dave Douglas on trumpet is brilliant, adding even more desirability to the music.

Even though “Verse” did not sell to audiophiles as much as did Cafe Blue, I consider it musically unsurpassed in Patricia’s repertoire. It is surely as good audio-wise as Cafe Blue, as you’ll hear — just a great digital recording job.

In summary: My opinion is it is a modern masterpiece in the vocal repertoire.

We selected the best performances from the Verse sessions to create one reel of wonderful music. Your tape copy will be right off the digital master.

Price is $225.00 for one reel. I consider this very fair for music and sound of this caliber.

See shipping info at end. And picture of insert of Patricia just below.

Clare Fischer Orchestra — Extension
    If you think carefully back on all my tapes, I’ve never used the word genius to describe a performance. Here it fits. The arrangements of this music by Clare Fischer is pure genius — outrageously original. While the music is extremely accessible (literally if you played it in an elevator it would work!!) it is harmonically sophisticated and alive with original texture and color. It is so brilliantly different yet easy to listen to, that on first hearing it you will probably wonder why I call it a work of genius. But if you keep listening to it you’ll soon discover not one cliche or known pattern in jazz, old or new. It is almost as if classical and jazz have met in the middle.

I can only tell you to listen to this carefully and you’ll realize you’ve never heard anything like this. And you never will again. It stands alone in the annals of jazz.

The tape you will receive will be made directly off the original digital master I made (using the amazing Nagra VI digital recorder) from the 3 track master tape at Capitol Studios in LA. Yes, I went there and did the transfer. This tape shows you how good a digital master can be from the analog master. (I did this around 2011 before I knew I would be selling tape copies, so at the time I did not make an analog copy of the 3 track master.)

Price is $150.00 if bought by itself. But if bought with Verse, above, it is $125.00. This is a very fair price.

Bill Carrothers — Christmas Music

This was recorded and made available last year. I have had nothing but superb feedback on this recording and music. It is my favorite jazz Xmas music. Just gorgeous solo piano. Recorded as if the player were a classical musician.

If you don’t have it get it. And don’t be puf off as some are by it being Xmas music. It is gorgeous, trust me. All analog from beginning to end.

I’ll charge $125.00 for a direct copy if you buy it with the two above. If you buy it by itself or with one of the above the price is $150.00 for a direct copy.

Shipping:

The usual:

1. $25.00 in United States

2. $75.00 to Europe

3. $95.00 to Asia/Australia.

This price covers one, two, three, four, or five tapes.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers and Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 and Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

I bought the PB Verse and the Clare Fischer - both are outstanding, highly recommended!!!
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too, agreed!

I have purchased tapes through IPI and Jonathan is a great provider. I would love it however, if he could offer a 30 second MP3 snippet of each tape for sale on his site to get a feel for the the type of music we're buying-many of the artists are unknown to me.
    Last edited by kcin; 11-23-2019, 11:30 AM.
    Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
    Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
    Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

My copies of the latest Patricia Barber and Clare Fischer arrived yesterday. The Barber album are selections from her 2002 Verse album so it is a very full one reeler, half the cost of the earlier Nightclub 2 reel album. I was extremely pleased with the sound, even though it is from a digital source, as I believe all of Barber's albums are. I enjoy Barber's voice quality and singing style more than Ms. Stanley or Mrs. Costello's. These are all her own compositions, but they are very attractive, even for a jazz novice like me.

The Clare Fischer album is with his orchestra, with Fischer playing different keyboard instruments. Recorded 55 years ago, it sounds very fresh with excellent sound. The music is definitely more complex and harmonically rich than easy listening jazz, but it still is very accessible, much more so than the hard bop and later Coltrane or Davis. Jonathan did a digital transfer of the three track original master at Capital and the tape is from that copy. He says that this was before he started releasing tapes, so didn't make an analogue copy. At $125 combined with the Barber, it is not much more than the blank tape with metal reel costs!

Jonathan continues high quality, very reasonably priced tapes for which R2R fans should be thankful (especially at this time of year!)

Larry
      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
      Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
      Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

I've only heard the Clare Fischer tape and boy it's another Great sounding tape from Jonathan, Can't wait to hear the other 2 selections, probably
        when my wife gives me a break from bringing up holiday decorations.
        McIntosh MC501x2,McIntosh c2200, Innersound Eros,Von Schweikert VR4 HSE,VPI Scoutmaster w/Grado Sonata,
        Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE,Sony APR 5003,Revox B77,
        Revox B760 McIntosh MR74

Comment

My Barber and Fischer tapes arrived today but won’t get a chance to spool them up until the weekend. Jealous of all of you who have had a chance to listen.
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
          -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers and Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
          -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 and Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
          -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Working...
          X