Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great offer from Jonathan at IPI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another great offer from Jonathan at IPI...

in case you aren’t on his email list:

Dear All,

I have two new releases. But before I write more, let me say I recorded one of them specifically for this offer just yesterday (11 Dec 2017) with you in mind and it is one of the most stunning recordings I have done and meant to be highly listenable both in sound and musical taste.

I believe the tape releases IPI is doing will be considered collectible in the future as I won’t be doing this forever, obviously. I hope to keep at it another 5 years though. But there will be a point where I will hang up my jazz hat and when that happens I seriously doubt anyone will be putting out modernly recorded (to custom tape decks) high quality jazz on tape.

First Release — The Bob Lark Trio

This is a jazz trio consisting of Flugelhorn (sometimes trumpet) with bass and piano. Stunning sound. Fluegelhorn up close and personal. Bass buoyant and detailed. Piano is a vintage Steinway B beautifully captured with a world class musician at the helm. Just lovely music with Bob Lark on Flugelhorn, who by the way played with Phill Woods.

Guaranteed to sound gorgeous, if not stunning, and the music is absolutely lovely and easy while being world class quality.

Second Release — Frank Strazzeri

This is from my serious jazz archives and features the amazing pianist Frank Strazzeri mainly in a trio setting but with one take with well known West Coast horn players. Strazzeri is well known among musicians and highly regarded and deservedly so. His playing is wonderful and he was a main stay for many many west coast sessions during the 60s. You won’t hear cliches from Strazzeri but you’ll hear sparse wonderfully thought out lines and harmonies.

The sound is classic studio sound (Scully 4 track tape deck) and very nice. This release gives you a big of history while providing you with world class jazz in a trio setting.

Deal

Buy both of these direct copy releases and the total price is $250.00 plus $20.00 shipping and Paypal. And outside the U.S. $65.00 shipping and Paypal.

That’s $150.00 for the direct copy of Bob Lark and $100.00 for the Strazzeri, which is practically my material cost.

But you must buy both of them.

Anyone outside the U.S. who wishes to order now but ship later with more tapes in the box can do so. I’ll hold the order here.

And if you don’t have the funds now I’ll let you pay later. I have someone who is just paying for their last order in October now that it is convenient in Dec. So I try to permit you some leeway on timing of payment to make it convenient for you. Please keep that in mind.

I reserve the right to end this offer at anytime as I am probably going to lose money here unless a lot of you order. If you all don’t order, I will lose money having paid the musicians and other cost of the session. if enough you order it I’ll be okay. But for those who order and pay right away shipping will be much sooner as I’ll line up the orders that come in right away and run the tapes.

Again, I repeat, you do not need to pay right away. Just make your order. I’ll note you down. And you pay in the next few weeks or more. Anyone who knows me knows that I trust my customers and work with them to pay when it doesn’t hurt too much. So do not worry about payment at first. Just make your order. For those who like to pay at once by all means do so, but it is not required. On the other hand I will ship to those who have paid first.

I really appreciate your support here as this price is near my literal material cost. If enough of you come through, I’ll come out even to okay.

I know you’ll like these releases.

Jonathan

-------------------------------------------

Jonathan Horwich
    International Phonograph, Inc.
    Phone: 773-892-6470
    Email: [email protected]
    Internationalphonographinc.com
    727 S. Dearborn St. Unit 1011
    Chicago, IL 60605

TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Done! Such a great deal. Jonathan's awesome.
    TIDAL Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC, Merrill Audio & Bricasti electronics; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus D Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 with Merrill Audio Tape Preamp & Ampex electronics & Tape Project/Technics RS1500 reel-reels with Bottlehead Tube Repro Pre; Sonore Optical Signature RenduSE Network Player; Bricasti M12 DAC/Source Controller; Ansuz Cables & Power Distribution

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC, Bricasti Design, Merrill Audio, Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

Comment

I am in too!
      Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

Ordered!
        [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

The tapes probably sound good. But how is the music?

Comment

• jonathanhorwich
            jonathanhorwich commented
            Editing a comment
            Tango, the music on the first tape is world class jazz with wonderful flugelhorn work by Bob Lark who played with Phill Woods and many others. It is absolutely gorgeous jazz by three expert musicians. Intimate as it gets. The other tape by Frank Strazzeri (pianist) barely needs comment as among jazz aficionados he is legendary for his work in the 60s and 70s on the West Coast and with various groups. Just a wonderful piano player. Thanks for asking.

Done and I ordered 2 other ones as well.

Comment

Mine are ordered as well. I've yet to be even slightly disappointed with anything from Jonathan.
            Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
            Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
            Amplifier: New Audio Frontiers Ultimate 211 Special Edition Monoblocks
            Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
            Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
            Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
            Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
            Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
            Vinyl Care: Furutech DF-2 LP Flattener -
            Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
            CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
            Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
            Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
            Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
            Wire: Custom Furutech PC's + Audience Front Row IC's & Speaker Cables
            Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
              The tapes probably sound good. But how is the music?
              Well, we don’t know until the tapes arrive...but as Tim said, I too have yet to get a tape from Jonathan that I didn’t like. I have stayed to his Jazz selections because I’m not huge into classical, but I have bought every small and large ensemble jazz tape he has released, and i have thoroughly enjoyed them all. I am really excited about these two! Ordered mine immediately.
              TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
              VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH

Comment

• Tango
                Tango commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Skylab. I mainly listen to jazz too. Just never heard these musicians before that’s why I asked.
                I will try both then.

So Jonathan has already shipped my tapes and because I live in the Chicago area they will actually arrive today!!! That said they have to go straight to my wife for wrapping and placement under the tree...so I won’t get to play them until after Xmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Skylab View Post
                So Jonathan has already shipped my tapes and because I live in the Chicago area they will actually arrive today!!! That said they have to go straight to my wife for wrapping and placement under the tree...so I won’t get to play them until after Xmas!
                You need invoke your Jewishness and claim they are a Hanukkah present!
                Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

• Skylab
                  Skylab commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL

Just played the Strazzeri, amdnow playing the Bob Lark. Both tapes are outstanding. Very enjoyable music and incredible sonics. Great job s always, Jonathan!

Comment

My two tapes just arrived today via UPS. News at 11:00.
                  Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Thank you for your comments which are so encouraging. What I'm trying to do with the IPI tapes is two things: 1) Offer brand new recordings done with the highest quality equipment available, so the sound quality is startling along with excellent and sometimes unusual music (Roebke and MCraven for instance, not to mention Dee Alexander). 2) Put out older recording of superb jazz piggy-backed with the tapes in 1 above which may not be superb sound (but good enough) and which contain superb music. The Strazzeri piano trio I just put out is an example. Who would have bought that or who even has heard of him? Few have heard of Frank Strazzeri, so I put it out piggy backing it with the Bob Lark recording which has superb sound. The Strazzeri is one of the great piano trio performances I have ever heard. I have listened to it maybe 30 times now and it gets better and better. Now for $100.00 (sale price) many of you have it and if you listen to it over and over you'll see it is extraordinary. What is shocking is it could pass for cocktail jazz by the untrained ear. It fact it is brilliantly tasteful. I wish all a very happy and productive holiday season and thank you all again for your kind comments.
                    Last edited by jonathanhorwich; 12-29-2017, 07:28 PM.
                    JLH

Comment

Jonathan-Thank you for sharing your life's work with us on tape at a very reasonable price. I also appreciate how fast you deliver tapes after we order. It's a great time to own a tape deck!
                      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• Afveep
                        Afveep commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Amen!well said

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to both reels last week when I received them. I need to listen again soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X