Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan is offering a couple new reel jazz titles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan is offering a couple new reel jazz titles...

in case any of you are interested and don’t get his emails:

Dear All,

I am very excited to announce this new release. I will start running copies tomorrow, 7 June. However, do know I will be out of the studio for 3 days next week, Wednesday to end of Friday. But for those who want to get a jump on things you can begin ordering now and I should be able to ship a bunch of copies Monday or even Saturday to those who order early and pay.

There are two tapes in this release.

The first is jazz pianist Albert Daley, playing both solo and also duets with Stan Getz. Let me get right to the point. The playing is stunning. And is just what you’d expect from such a meeting. I strongly recommend you do not miss this one. Quick back story: Stan invited me to his estate and studio in 1983 and asked me to record Albert who he loves. I willingly complied and recorded Albert who is a wonderful player, but luckily for us, Stan sat in half the performances you’ll hear on the tape. Three are fabulous solo piano pieces and three are duets of piano and tenor sax. Hence, this is an earlier tape done in 1983 and the sound is very natural (two mics only) and fits the playing to a T. This is why I started making my early tapes available because this is what jazz on analog tape is all about. Miss this tape at your own risk. Because I cannot afford to damage the old master, I will only be providing production master copies. But please know the sound is wonderful and the music sublime.

The second release is a great Chicago group, the Greg Ward Trio -- alto sax, piano, bass, which I recorded this past year. This is a Chicago group I love and like the Roebke and McCraven tapes, it has that unusual Chicago tinge. The audio is my modern multi track sound as you have heard on many of my modern releases. As a note, the microphone on the saxophone in this case was a famous Neve ribbon mic -- gorgeously smooth. And then there is a bass solo on the tape which is as good bass sound as you’ll hear. A true reference for bass tonality and sound. In fact, Myles Astor of Audionirvana (and Positive Feedback) heard a few cuts off this tape including the bass solo and said,

“A must-have. The bass solo is stunning as is the naturalness of the recording!” You can read his comments on the sample I sent him here:

See half way down the page at this link: https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/m...e-sequel/page5

Price for the production copy (no direct copies available) of Albert Daley/Getz is $125.00!! That is almost shameful for this tape. Cost of the direct copy of the Greg Ward right off the 8 track master is $150.00 during this sale. Add shipping/Paypal of $20.00 for the U.S. and non US should contact me for shipping/Paypal cost, which depends on whether you’re in Europe or Asia.

To get the sale price one must buy both tapes.

Let me know any questions or concerns.

Thank you so much and I hope you all will support this new release.

Jonathan

-------------------------------------------

Jonathan Horwich
    International Phonograph, Inc.
    727 S. Dearborn St. Unit 1011
    Chicago, IL 60605
    Phone: 773-892-6470
    Email: [email protected]
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Ordered!
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

Me too!
      TIDAL Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC, Merrill Audio & Bricasti electronics; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus D Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 with Merrill Audio Tape Preamp & Ampex electronics & Tape Project/Technics RS1500 reel-reels with Bottlehead Tube Repro Pre; Sonore Optical Signature RenduSE Network Player; Bricasti M12 DAC/Source Controller; Ansuz Cables & Power Distribution

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC, Bricasti Design, Merrill Audio, Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

Comment

Me as well.
        Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
        Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
        Amplifier: New Audio Frontiers Ultimate 211 Special Edition Monoblocks
        Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
        Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
        Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
        Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
        Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
        Vinyl Care: Furutech DF-2 LP Flattener -
        Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
        CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
        Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
        Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
        Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
        Wire: Custom Furutech PC's + Audience Front Row IC's & Speaker Cables
        Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

Looks like mine will be here Tuesday! Yay!
          TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
          VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH

Comment

And here they are! Listening to the Greg Ward Click image for larger version

Name:	43DA241A-C69E-465A-A892-09CAF4FB88B4.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	89564 Trio now - sounds fabulous and very nice playing

Comment

I just got the Daley / Getz reel and it is superb.
              Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

Mine arrived today as well.
                Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
                Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
                Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
                Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
                Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
                Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Working...
                X