Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Opportunity For People To Catch Up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Opportunity For People To Catch Up....

...on the Direct copy releases they missed. Can’t get any closer to the master than this! Unless you break into Jonathan’s and steal his masters.

Dear All,

I have to run some direct copies next week which involves a lot of set up. If anyone is interested in any of the below I’ll run you a copy for $250.00 but pay your shipping in the U.S. and $20.00 off non U.S.

These are some of my best tapes including the recent organ tape which has been very well received. Just letting you all know I’m going to be running them in case of any interest.

Thanks.

1.George Fludas Organ Quartet
    2. Jeremy Kahn — Duets
    3. Mark Colby Quartet
    4. Bob Lark Trio
    5. Makaya McCraven
    6. Patrick Godon — Selections (classical)
    7. Winston Choi — Schubert Opus 90 Impromptus (classical)
    8. Howard Levy - Chicago Meeting
    9. John Wojciechowski — At Pro Musica
    10. Jason Roebke — Shimmering
    11. Mike Garson — Monk Fell on Me Side I
    12. Dee Alexander — Magic
    13. Matt Ulery — Trio
    14. Bobby Broom Trio — Sweet And Lovely)
    15. The Bob Lark Trio (trumpet quartet)
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

I'm considering the Dee Alexander - sounded terrific at Myles'.
    Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/SME 3012R/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

Originally posted by Madfloyd View Post
      I'm considering the Dee Alexander - sounded terrific at Myles'.
      Great album of new arrangements of old standards. The lady is no audiophile female singer.

So so many choices but some recommendations for anyone new to Jonathan’s label might be the latest George Fludas release along with the Makaya McCraven, Jason Roebke and Patrick Gordon. The Fludas might be the closest Jonathan’s done to the ‘50 and ‘60s swinging bop. Simply outstanding.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Skylab
        Skylab commented
        Editing a comment
        I have all of those you mentioned except the Patrick Gordon and couldn’t agree more - those are the ones I would first make sure I had. The Roebke and Wojiechowski are also great but I would look to them after the ones you mentioned.

• Madfloyd
        Madfloyd commented
        Editing a comment
        Gentlemen. Mr. Godon gets VERY upset when he is referred to as 'Gordon'.

Just teasing.

I have the digital versions of some of these and enjoy them very much. I'm getting Patrick Gordon, Jason Roebke and Dee Alexander. My wallet is gasping for air.

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Blame it on that infernal spell check.

Thank you all for your kind comments. As a note on the Dee Alexander recording, the piano playing behind Dee is by Jeremy Kahn and is as good accompaniment to voice as you'll hear ever. Period. He is a genius at it. Between Dee and his piano playing, the performance is a rare gem. Most piano players accompany with typical block cords and other devices. Not so here. I was lucky to capture it on tape.
      JLH

Comment

Working...
      X