Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylab
    replied
    Listening to STS Records reel of Lils Mackintosh - A Tribute to Billie Holiday. The sound quality is outstanding - smooth as butter, deep soundstage, wide range and dynamic. A demo quality tape sonically. Musically, I would say it’s a solid B. The players are good, and the arrangements very faithful to how Lady Day sang them. Ms. Mackintosh has a very nice voice and her vocals are in the right style, and she isn’t overplaying trying to sound like BH. Still, she ISN’T Holiday, either. But all in all, a very nice listen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DA30ACC0-1545-4CA7-98D9-1B861AF7DFD3.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	75837

Leave a comment:

• Greg Beron
    replied
    STS Records playing their tape, video from Munich High End - Kharma and UHA.
    That's Dave in the green jacket taking pictures or video or whatever he is doing.....

Leave a comment:

• dcc
    replied
    I got the Water Music and I brought back from Munich the special tape they made for the 30th Analog Forum Anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• Skylab
    started a topic STS Records

STS Records

I hadn't heard of this label until another member of this board ended up with two copies of this tape and offered to sell me one at a nice price - it's very enjoyable music and the sonics are terrific to be sure!!!

Old Betsy - The Sound of Big Ben Webster
    STS Records 15 IPS 2-track reel to reel tape

https://sts-digitalshop.nl/reel-to-reel/

Working...
X