Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightclub Now Available on Reel-to-Reel Tape

Dear All,

The producer of Patricia Barber has agreed to put out her Nightclub performance on tape. I have the digital master copy here by Bob Ludwig (one of the best mastering engineers ever) and the sound to me is a step up even from Cafe Blue. My opinion.

I will be putting out one of my all analog releases in a month or thereabouts so don’t worry. But first I’m making this available to those who wish to grab it while the iron is hot. The producer gave his okay and I’m moving forward now while we have that approval.

Price is $450.00 for the set of two tapes. Same type labeling as Cafe Blue. I hear better sound.

As usual I will hold the tapes on the shelf here for anybody who wants to wait on shipment. Shipping/Paypal costs are $25.00 U.S. And $75.00 Europe. And $95.00 Asia/Australia.

Check with me if any questions on the shipping cost.

Those who pay first will be shipped to first.

There will probably be a week before I ship to you as demand is already there as it was for Cafe Blue and hence a line. People have been requesting I put it out.

I strongly recommend this as an unusual release and something very special.

Please ask any questions you wish. And if the timing isn’t good financially, reserve a copy and we’ll work it out as we always do.

Jonathan Horwich
    International Phonograph, Inc.
    727 S. Dearborn St. Unit 1011
    Chicago, IL 60605
    Phone: 773-892-6470
    Email: jonathanhorwich@me.com

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Strike it when the iron is hot! May never again be available on tape. Don’t let the fact is a digital recording dissuade you from buying the tape. Cafe Blue on tape sounds world’s better than LP or CD.

I think on reason Jonathan likes Nightclub is the recording is a little less processed and more natural sounding than Cafe Blue. Absolutely sure if this is successful, there will be more Barber on tape!

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I’ve placed my order! 👍🏻
      TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
      VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
      DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
      SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
      AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Originally posted by Skylab View Post
        I’ve placed my order! 👍🏻
        +1

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Very nice!

since both the 33/45rpm sound very good. wonder how much better the tape sounds?

Comment

+2!
            TIDAL Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC, Merrill Audio & Bricasti electronics; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus D Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 with Merrill Audio Tape Preamp & Ampex electronics & Tape Project/Technics RS1500 reel-reels with Bottlehead Tube Repro Pre; Sonore Signature RenduSE Network Player; Bricasti M12 DAC/Source Controller; Ansuz Cables & Power Distribution

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC, Bricasti Design, Merrill Audio, Sonore, Ansuz, Aavik, Synergistic Research & others)

Comment

I love this album....
              Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, CJ GAT/darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/Black Beauty/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

+3
                Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
                Amplifier: Silver Circle Audio 300B Monoblocks with Takatsuki 300B tubes
                Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
                Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
                Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
                Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
                Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
                Vinyl Care: Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
                CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
                Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
                Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
                Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
                Wire: Custom Furutech PC's & IC's + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables
                Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra SS's sprinkled about - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

In case were on the fence on whether to order the new Barber tape. One buyers comment.

——————————————————————————————————-

I am well into running all copies of Nightclub and should be pretty well done by Friday.

One of you who received their copy said the following about it (and without any solicitation from myself but I agree with the below)

As expected, the tape just blows alway even the old MFS 45 RPM and of course the SACD.

So much information, resolution, details and air in the tapes. Sound stage is deeper and wider too. And I am listening, comparing to just the stock A820.

I think you need to do all of her albums in tape format.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Well, I got mine...and all I can say is that the sound quality is absolutely astonishing, and FAR better than the MoFi SACD, which I always thought was great sounding. Just stunning. This will get played a LOT here at Skylab.
                    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
                    VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
                    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
                    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
                    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Good day all, Thank you Myles I also emailed Mr. Horwich as ready/willing/able to make that purchase now....
                      Regards, Henry

- UHA Phase 1 play/record - along with other relevant upgrades
                      - J-Corder RS 1520 - McIntosh finish - along with other relevant upgrades
                      - McIntosh MA252 hybrid
                      - Assorted Audio Quest XLRs
                      - Klipsh floor standing speakers and subwoofer

Comment

Dear All,

I have shipped to 95% of you now who ordered Nightclub by Patricia Barber.

Some of you asked I hold your copies here which I am.

If you are unsure of the status of your Nightclub order, please email me.

Those of you who ordered regular tapes from my site or me, I will be running them Tuesday and Wednesday as the equipment I need to run your direct copies off the 8-track master is set up for a recording Monday. Once the recording is completed Monday, I’ll reset up the studio and run your copies. Thank you all for your patience.

I am taking orders for running final copies of Nightclub next week. Most initial orders are filled.

Get your orders in quickly if you want Nightclub by Patricia Barber. It is a fabulous commercial digital recording which I don’t tire of listening to repeatedly. See below for the initial description of it.

Thank you all.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• astrotoy
                          astrotoy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Myles. Just to clarify in case anyone is confused. Myles is not the one writing this post. He is quoting Jonathan Horwich who is providing the Patricia Barber Nightclub tape. See the OP for Jonathan's contact information. I, who am not a big jazz fan, listened to an SACD rip of the MoFi issue of the album, and was totally entranced. So I ordered a copy of the tape on Friday and it arrives a week from Monday.

Larry
                      Working...
                      X