Tape Project Box Labels Peeling ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape Project Box Labels Peeling ?

On the outer box spine ? Every couple weeks I have to push the clear label flat over the title image, ect. Anyone find a good solution to keep the label flat and attached ? TIA.
    Christian
    System Gear

My tape boxes from the TP started falling apart as soon as they arrived and I'm not talking about the labels.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Yep, it happens.
      Get a glue stick, it will work just apply it liberally and hold the loose paper down somehow till it dries.
      Can be time consuming but keeps the proper look of your expensive tapes in tact.

Comment

Yup, those gold spine labels don't stay stuck. Ever. I laminated over them.
        TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
        VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Hana ML/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
        DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
        SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
        AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Yep. Same issue for mine. I just keep pushing them down every time i notice.

Comment

Funny you bring this up Christian since that exact thing crossed my mind the other day. Two out of all my TTP tapes--the Elling and Smith--have peeling labels. No way to restore them either since they've really peeled back. Couple of other tape boxes had the cover coming off the top of the box but that is easily glued back glued back.
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
            -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
            -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
            -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
            -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

I just checked all my TP boxes. SInce I was a charter subscriber from early on (#45) I have all the tapes issued so far, and tend to get one of the early ones made. So I have been lucky (or maybe it is the climate in Northern California) and no problems with any stickers or boxes. I think that TP contracts out to get the boxes made somewhere. Probably one of us should contact Paul or Romo to let them know that there is a problem with at least some of the boxes and stickers.

Larry
              Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
              Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
              Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
              Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
              Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
              Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
              Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.7KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

The last tape Eileen sent me recently was Canned Heat and it clearly is a better box and I do not see anything coming up on it at all.
                It also feels completely different than the others, no doubt.
                I think they fixed the issue on these latest boxes.

Comment

Glue stick it is....Thanks !
                  Christian
                  System Gear

Comment

Working...
                  X