No announcement yet.

Least Favorite Genres?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rap, pop, hipop, techno, disco, country, soft/smooth jazz.

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.
    Systems, showroom links:
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

It's not always just about genres eg. jazz, classical, rock etc. but the music within each genre. For instance, while I like classical, there are simply some composers I don't get.

While I wouldn't necessarily listen listen to country, there are still some artists I would listen to like Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and a few others.

BTW what would you classify Red Hot Chili Peppers?

I also think tastes change a lot over time too. I used to hate DCD back in the '90s. Now I've come around to liking them. Same goes for a few other artists.

What bothers me most are bad covers. Songs that should have been left alone because they can't be bettered!
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by david k View Post
        Rap, pop, hipop, techno, disco, country, soft/smooth jazz.

david
        I think there's one thing to be said in defense disco. And maybe the music industry at large. Many of the individuals involved in disco music were serious musicians who had to make a living and went to where the money was. Many, over time, went back to the music they initially loved.

Remember the joke that David Chesky told me 20 years ago.

Three people die and go to heaven where they are greeted at the pearly gates by St. Peter. St. Peter welcomes them to heaven and congratulates them for living a pious life on earth. He then says before they enter the gates he'd like to play a little game and guess what their occupation was on Earth.

So St. Peter goes to the first person how much money did you earn the last year on earth? He answers I made 50 million dollars. St. Peter answers you must have been a banker. The man goes that's amazing St. Peter. How could you know that? St. Peter goes welcome to heaven and make yourself at home.

St. Peter repeats the same question to the second person and he answers $800,000. The good Saint says were you an attorney and the man answers affirmatively, again amazed St. Peter guess his occupation correctly. He proceeds through the pearly gates to heaven.

St. Peter asks the last person the same question. The man hesitates, hems and haws and then finally goes well last year was a good year. I think I made $6500. The good St. Peter looks at him and asks what instrument do you play?
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Oh, and all White Power music. Thats truly trash.

Comment

• Per Sundell
            Per Sundell commented
            Editing a comment

• david k
            david k commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you heard communist party equivalent? Every nation, race & tribe has those songs and generally none are listenable nor tolerable. Unfortunately rap versions of those songs calling for killing of white people, cops and even the president common these days not to forget how women are portrayed as Ho's, bitches and slaves...

david

• Per Sundell
            Per Sundell commented
            Editing a comment
            No I donĀ“t think communists do that.
            As far as it goes for some rapmusic you are correct david k.
        Working...
        X