I am sure some of you have seen this clip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sure some of you have seen this clip

I am not a big fan of country nor Opera but the two together maybe its the hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2PBOAbdIcU

Absolutely delightful!
    Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
    Amplifier: Silver Circle Audio 300B Monoblocks with Takatsuki 300B tubes
    Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
    Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
    Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
    Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
    Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
    Vinyl Care: Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
    CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
    Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
    Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
    Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
    Wire: Custom Furutech PC's & IC's + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables
    Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra SS's sprinkled about - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

• Rob
      Rob commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. We saw Kelli at Lincoln Center singing Anna in the King and I. She is the top talent in musicals these days.

Larry
    Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
    Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Loved it! She's a hoot.

Comment

Ditto. Really enjoyed that- apparently she isn't a country singer. She could do good that way, ya'll.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
          Ditto. Really enjoyed that- apparently she isn't a country singer. She could do good that way, ya'll.
          Kelli is the number one Broadway musical star. She won another Tony for her role in the revival of the King and I which we saw in Lincoln Center in 2015. She was in London this past summer for three month for the King and I and here is a link to the reviews.

http://www.playbill.com/article/what...d-ken-watanabe

Larry
          Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
          Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
          Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
          Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
          Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
          Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
          Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Originally posted by astrotoy View Post

Kelli is the number one Broadway musical star. She won another Tony for her role in the revival of the King and I which we saw in Lincoln Center in 2015. She was in London this past summer for three month for the King and I and here is a link to the reviews.

http://www.playbill.com/article/what...d-ken-watanabe

Larry
            Thanks for that, Larry. I get fidgety at musicals. Maybe it's the "worse than coach" seating at most of the Broadway houses.
            Kelli's got great talent. I wouldn't mind hearing her straight up as a singer -- she's definitely got stage presence and that knack for playing the audience-- timing is central to the ability to tell a joke- musically or otherwise. I definitely enjoyed that clip.

Comment

• astrotoy
              astrotoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Bill, try the Lincoln Center shows. More space, like premium economy - and a bigger overall venue. The days we were in NYC, we were in a hotel right next to the bleachers at the top end of Times Square (got to see Myles on that trip). We saw American in Paris playing right across the street in those "worse than coach" seats - still a lot of fun, but definitely squeezed. The next night was King and I in Lincoln Center with Kelli O'Hara. Seats much more comfortable and much less claustrophobic.

Outstanding! What a talent; confessing my ignorance I had never heard of her before, which will not be the case going forward.
            Speakers, Wilson Audio Sasha 2's; line stage, ARC Ref 6; phono pre ARC Ref 3; Amplifier, ARC Ref 75 SE; turntable, Dr. Feickert Firebird with a Kuzma 14 inch 4 pt and Transfiguration Proteus; CD player Ayre C 5 xe; tuner, Magnum Dynalab MD109 SE; Dr. Feickert Analogue CBPS; Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; Transparent Audio Isolator 8; Transparent Super cables and IC's; and a Atocha Designs Record Cabinet

Comment

Working...
            X