Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neil Young-On The Beach/Time Fades Away/Tonight's the Night/Zuma LP REISSUES 09/09/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Young-On The Beach/Time Fades Away/Tonight's the Night/Zuma LP REISSUES 09/09/16

Good news indeed for fans!

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...ndalone-vinyl/
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

John- are these Bellman re-cuts? Were they part of a box and now are being made available separately? I wound up with old early pressings of Beach, Tonight and Zuma- Zuma may be the best sounding of the lot, but it is spare, distorted and jangling. My experience with the Bellman re-do of Harvest was that he got very close; For After the Gold Rush, I have RE-1 and Re-2, not sure what other copies I have. I think the RE-1 is my go-to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
      John- are these Bellman re-cuts? Were they part of a box and now are being made available separately? I wound up with old early pressings of Beach, Tonight and Zuma- Zuma may be the best sounding of the lot, but it is spare, distorted and jangling. My experience with the Bellman re-do of Harvest was that he got very close; For After the Gold Rush, I have RE-1 and Re-2, not sure what other copies I have. I think the RE-1 is my go-to.
      Yes to the bolded! Were those Bellman re-cuts? If so, then I almost want to say yes.
      Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

John, I don't know if they are Bellman, he seems to have done a lot of Neil's catalog.

Comment

I have clean originals of all of them except Zuma.
          Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post
            I have clean originals of all of them except Zuma.
            JC- unless you have a principled reason not to get Zuma, get it! It rocks. I would have to check my matrices, but mine is early and it is terrific sounding, not terribly expensive either.

Comment

• JCOConnell
              JCOConnell commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for the tip

• JCOConnell
              JCOConnell commented
              Editing a comment
              Out of curiosity, I double checked my collection and I DO have an original of ZUMA. My copy is 1H/1H. Sounds excellent and the music is good too.

• Bill Hart
              Bill Hart commented
              Editing a comment
              bada bing, JC! It's raw edged, one of my favorites among his early work.
          Working...
          X