Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janis Joplin

I have love/hate feelings about her.

When I watch her on video clips I am absolutely mesmerized by her performance(s) and the pure intensity of her delivery. But when I listen to her on LP/CD/Radio or whatever all I hear is a voice that sounds like fingernails scratching across a chalkboard. As such I never delved into her catalogue after "Pearl" and I don't even play that any longer.

I suspect I'm not the only one, but I would love to hear your opinions on my take of things.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

I have never been a fan of her music, " a voice that sounds like fingernails scratching across a chalkboard" I feel the same. LOL

Comment

I love Big Brother - nothing like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
        I have love/hate feelings about her.

When I watch her on video clips I am absolutely mesmerized by her performance(s) and the pure intensity of her delivery. But when I listen to her on LP/CD/Radio or whatever all I hear is a voice that sounds like fingernails scratching across a chalkboard. As such I never delved into her catalogue after "Pearl" and I don't even play that any longer.

I suspect I'm not the only one, but I would love to hear your opinions on my take of things.
        Sadly don't think her voice would have lasted too long.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Still like the original Big Brother best. Have to keep in mind it's essentially a live recording and Big Brother wasn't the best backing band in the world. But it was raw, it was real, it pumped energy and there was no fake auto tuned processed crap going on. Nothing like it until the Beth Hart "Live at Paradiso" DVD for shear energy and impact in straight up blues/rock with a superlative backup band.

Comment

Working...
          X