Just spun my HENDRIX Smash Hits remaster LP for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spun my HENDRIX Smash Hits remaster LP for the first time

Just finished playing Jimi Hendrix Smash Hits RSD Remastered LP for the first time and I must say I'm satisfied. While I don't have an original pressing to compare it to, it sounds pretty damn good to me ( despite some early bad reviews and rumours of digital processing ). The guitar has excellent bite, there is good macro dynamics, maybe a touch lean on bass on a few cuts but not all. My pressing is #177, its flat, and its quiet. The highlight of this record is "Red house" in stereo, and it sounds fantastic.
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mono) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

I don't remember the original as a great record, but as mentioned, I have a couple old copies, so I can clean one and fire it up. Red House- do you have Hendrix in the West- the UK Polydor is the way to go- long version, live. Jimi apparently didn't play much straight blues live- the audiences wanted the hits. Too bad.

Comment

Nah, I don't have Hendrix in the west.I have the cry of love, radio one, Monterey, Berkley, south Saturn delta, and a few other oddball things besides his regular lps.
      Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mono) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post
        Nah, I don't have Hendrix in the west.I have the cry of love, radio one, Monterey, Berkley, south Saturn delta, and a few other oddball things besides his regular lps.
        I have to recommend "Hendrix in the west" on UK, Polydor, its one of the best originals of his music that I have it in my collection.
        It should be possible to find, I found mine in Germany.
        Here one closer to home for you

Jimi Hendrix-In The West UK Import Gatefold Near Mint in Music, Records | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by banditcat200 View Post

I have to recommend "Hendrix in the west" on UK, Polydor, its one of the best originals of his music that I have it in my collection.
          It should be possible to find, I found mine in Germany.
          Here one closer to home for you

I bought a copy a while back that claimed it was a Classic reissue. I don't remember Classic reissuing it though and wasn't readily identifiable as a Classic release. But Classic did reissue a boatload lot of Hendrix recordings.
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
          -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
          -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
          -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

I will prefer the original record in nm over a reissue.

Comment

Working...
            X