Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Ian-we're so lucky to have Bill and his musical knowledge on Audionirvana! Thanks so much Bill!

• JCOConnell
    commented on 's reply
    That was ITL

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    An interesting interview with Peter Ulrich, one of the founding members of DCD by Greg Beron of United Home Audio.

http://unitedhomeaudio.com/id184.htm

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Madfloyd View Post
    Bill, that was a great review - a lot of work went into that - thank you! I love this LP and have the MOFI (which I'm pretty satisfied with) and had wondered what value the latest reissue might have. I felt your review was totally informative from that perspective - great job.
    Yes I thought it was interesting that although the latest reissue is a little different, it is still very good. That doesn't happen all that often. I was thinking of ordering it and now I will. Thanks Bill.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Appierto View Post
    Stumbled onto this thread on Today's Posts. Very nice review, thank you, Mr. Hart. It was of particular interest to me as ITL would be one of my desert island albums as you might guess from my avatar.

My only basis for comparison was the CD purchased around 1995 and then the MoFi Silver edition on LP. Even on an incorrectly set-up (thank you, Needle Doctor) Clearaudio Concept turntable with Ortofon 2M Black cartridge, I immediately preferred the MoFi mainly because of the soundstage. There was simply more of it there. Listening was done on QUAD 989 speakers and herein may lie my observation regarding bass content. I didn't hear a dramatic difference between the CD and LP. As a matter of fact, on some tracks listening to the CD, I was able to "load" the room.

The rest of the system at the time included a cj Premier 16LS2 and Premier 140 amp with the C1 Teflon cap upgrade.

Just one man's observation.
    Hi Joe and glad to have you on board! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    replied
    The review made the Lp sound very interesting so I just ordered the new 4AD reissue off ebay for $24 free shipping. My first DCD Lp. I'd heard of them, but never heard them.

Leave a comment:

• Madfloyd
    replied
    Bill, that was a great review - a lot of work went into that - thank you! I love this LP and have the MOFI (which I'm pretty satisfied with) and had wondered what value the latest reissue might have. I felt your review was totally informative from that perspective - great job.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Appierto
    replied
    Stumbled onto this thread on Today's Posts. Very nice review, thank you, Mr. Hart. It was of particular interest to me as ITL would be one of my desert island albums as you might guess from my avatar.

My only basis for comparison was the CD purchased around 1995 and then the MoFi Silver edition on LP. Even on an incorrectly set-up (thank you, Needle Doctor) Clearaudio Concept turntable with Ortofon 2M Black cartridge, I immediately preferred the MoFi mainly because of the soundstage. There was simply more of it there. Listening was done on QUAD 989 speakers and herein may lie my observation regarding bass content. I didn't hear a dramatic difference between the CD and LP. As a matter of fact, on some tracks listening to the CD, I was able to "load" the room.

The rest of the system at the time included a cj Premier 16LS2 and Premier 140 amp with the C1 Teflon cap upgrade.

Just one man's observation.

Leave a comment:

• Marcus
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, what a review!

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    See post #30!

• Madfloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
    I just published a comparison of the original 4AD vinyl v. MoFi vinyl v new 4AD issue of Into the Labyrinth.
    Published where?

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Sorry I totally missed the post somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Vinyl
    commented on 's reply
    Damn! It's freakin' virgin! Beautiful! Not a mark, not a pop, crackle...nothing!

• Johnny Vinyl
    commented on 's reply
    Cool! I'll check my email!

• Bill Hart
    replied
    I just published a comparison of the original 4AD vinyl v. MoFi vinyl v new 4AD issue of Into the Labyrinth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X