Ten Years After - Stonedhenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Years After - Stonedhenge

From 1969, Don't own it, never heard it, but the title and cover is interesting:
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

You can preview it and other TYA albums in full on youtube. I never owned this album, but I had Ssssh and A Space In Time. Both of those were destroyed in a flood, so it's been 20 years since I last heard them.

I do have Time Warps, which is a 2LP compilation and was released shortly after they first disbanded.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

I had the album with the mixing board and the reel to reel decks on the front cover, cant remember if it was studio or live or the title.
      Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

I have always loved TYA especially A Space In Time. I also highly recommend TIDAL for checking out albums like Stonedhenge. Get Tidals HIFI service for best sound quality.
      Speakers/Amps: Genesis G2.2 Jr with Powered Servo-Sub Bass, Genesis GR1440 Mono Amps, 5,000 watts total power
      Preamp: SMc Audio VRE-1C Preamp (fully balanced inputs and output)
      Phono 1: VPI Signature 21 Belt-Drive Turntable with 10” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti Phono Cartridge driving Lehmann Decade Phono Preamp
      Phono 2: VPI HW-40 Direct-Drive Turntable with 12” 3D Printed Fatboy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Anna Diamond Phono Cartridge driving Genesis Gold Phono Preamp
      R2R Tape: Studer A810 with Bridge Console
      Digital: Lumin Network Player with Lumin NAS
      Cables: Genesis Advanced Technologies/Absolute Fidelity Interface Interconnects, Speaker, Phono and Power
      Power: Audio-Ultra Power System, IsoTek Super Titan Passive Power Conditioning for Amplifiers
      Accessories: Custom Acrylic Equipment Stands, Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

• JCOConnell
        JCOConnell commented
        Editing a comment
        they just don't write songs like that anymore

• Joe Pittman
        Joe Pittman commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree!

• Gusf
        Gusf commented
        Editing a comment
        The complete song, depth, soul and Understanding. Well played JD

TYA... I felt they were on the cusps of super group status at one time, always have been one of my favorites.
      Alvan Lee's solo work has also been a interesting journey worth checking out.
      He is missed!

Comment

I saw the group at Red Rocks in Denver on a double bill with Vanilla Fudge in about 1971 when I was in college. Alvin Lee and the group were terrific. I have nearly a dozen of their songs on my iTunes - classic stuff.
        Last edited by mkuller; 09-16-2016, 11:17 AM.
        Thiel 7.2s, Manley NeoClassic 250s, Wadia 850, MIT Oracle V3 speaker cables, MIT MI-350 Oracle interconnects, Black Diamond Racing Shelves and Cones in a dedicated room with ASC Tube Traps, Room Tunes and 3 X 20 amp dedicated circuits.

Comment

• Gusf
          Gusf commented
          Editing a comment
          Went to Redrocks in 1977 just to see it. I would have loved to attend a show there. Both epic bands in my opinion.
          Last edited by Gusf; 09-16-2016, 09:38 AM.

• mkuller
          mkuller commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife and I are planning to visit Boulder next summer and will do it around a Red Rocks concert since she's never been there.
          Last edited by mkuller; 09-18-2016, 11:37 PM.

Ten Years After was always a favorite of mine especially in times gone by. Was lucky enough to see them with my fiancée at the Fillmore East c. 1971. She and I would go parking with their album Cricklewood Green playing on the car's Panasonic 8-track player. LOL

Not familiar with Stonedhedge but will be on the lookout for it now, thanks.

The first LP I bought of theirs was called Undead which was recorded at Klooks Kleek in London, May of 1968 and released that August. It contains "Spider in My Web" and the iconic "I'm Going Home"

Click image for larger version

Name:	61VXknPddXL.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	27788

Always thought they were an underrated band,
        Oppo BDP-105D, PSA DS DAC
        c-j CA200
        MartinLogan EM-ESL
        WireWorld Starlight Cat 8, XLO Signature 1.1, 1.4 and 3.1 interconnects; PranaWire Photon USB; XLO S3-5.2 speaker cables; PSA Juice Bar and Power Wing II PLCs, PranaWire Vajra and Satori power cords

Comment

I have the Audio FIDELITY reissue of "A Space in Time". Absolutely fabulous. I wish they would do more titles.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            I missed the AF release when it came out and now it's long OOP. Not to mention expensive.

• Gusf
            Gusf commented
            Editing a comment
            I lucked into mine. Found all by itself surrounded by audiophile reissue Jazz titles. It is my first audio FIDELITY and I am on the look out for more.👀
        Working...
        X