The Kinks MONO Boxset!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kinks MONO Boxset!

This has been getting some good reviews and I was wondering if anyone here bought it...and what their impressions of it are. I'm quite tempted to buy it, as the price is right and I enjoy the few Kinks albums I have. I just don't want to be caught with a bunch of filler albums.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...ion-vinyl-box/
    Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 01-09-2017, 06:22 PM. Reason: Added link.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

So many great tunes there. I've had the originals but not this box.
    Depending on what you think of as filler, the only album that might be judged as filler is: ‘The Black Album’. I would rather have seen The Kink Kronikles.

And in case anyone was curious ... Ray Davies is the greatest British rock lyricist of all time. :-)

Comment

Hey Johnny

I pulled the trigger today. Its supposed to be very good. All AAA except the Black album and mastered by Kevin Gray.

I have a few of the Sundazed analog reissues from a few years back and I like them. Hopefully this will be better.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
        Johnny Vinyl commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet! That new AT Mono cartridge is going to get a workout I see! Let me know what you think about the boxset. I'm probably going to buy it, but I have to wait for my tax return.
    Working...
    X