Today in Beatles' Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Beatles' Land

Today marks what would have been George Harrison's 73rd birthday. Known as the "quiet" Beatle, his talents really came to the forefront in the group's latter years with such hits as "Taxman, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun and possibly one of his most known songs "Something." RIP George!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	george-harrison-1963-billboard-650x430.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	4927

Click image for larger version

Name:	1465715-george_harrison.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	4928

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

One of the things I love to do is to play music from artists I admire/enjoy/own music of, and to play that music on a birthday or (sadly) the day of their departure from our (up to now) still Blue Planet. I have the 3LP reissue of George's All Things Must Pass, and I'll be listening to it shortly.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Piggies is one of my favorite Harrison tunes. Also love Don't Bother Me.
      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

After watching Martin Scorcece's biopic for HBO , Living In The Material World, I found my admiration for Harrison surpassing the remaining three Beatles. Lennon, had always seemed the most conscious of the bunch, but biographies show all four had greatly contributed to the music world, as well as social awareness.
        Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

Working...
        X