How much for a NM copy DSOTM Toshiba Pro-use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a NM copy DSOTM Toshiba Pro-use

I have a line on this, but have no idea of it's value. It's complete with OBI.
    EMLF-97002

Can anyone give me an idea or ballpark as to the price I should be offering?

Thanks so much!

JV

Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

here's a NM copy for $225 USD. That appears to be around the going price imo.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Floyd-D...QAAOSwdGFY0cl2
    Christian
    System Gear

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
      Johnny Vinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Christian! Not a bad price as I expected more for some reason.

Wow I gotta pull my copy out and listen.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
      I have a line on this, but have no idea of it's value. It's complete with OBI.
      EMLF-97002

Can anyone give me an idea or ballpark as to the price I should be offering?

Thanks so much!

JV

Johnny are you the buyer or seller? I haven't tracked the market, if you said $2-300 it wouldn't shock me. IMHO, the Toshiba pro use DSOTM is no better but different that an early US Harvest, UK Harvest? then all bets are off.
      TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | B.M.C. | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
        Johnny Vinyl commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be the buyer Rob!

TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | B.M.C. | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

I have a few copies of the UK second pressing and I think it is the best one I ever heard. I did have a UK first press for a very short time but, the second press was far better sounding.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
          Johnny Vinyl commented
          Editing a comment
          That seems to be the consensus.

I have a UK Harvest (a3/b3), the Mofi, an original Canadian (bought day 1), the 20th and 30th Anniversary. The best out of those is the Uk Harvest. I've heard good things about the Pro-use, but have never heard it myself.

As you can tell I'm a huge fan of this album and this sort of would complete my collection. I can't afford the UHQR, so I know I'll never own it

I'm gonna think about it as I've never paid more than $200 CDN for any used record.
        Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Originally posted by jcmusic View Post
          I have a few copies of the UK second pressing and I think it is the best one I ever heard. I did have a UK first press for a very short time but, the second press was far better sounding.
          I've got an early UK pressing - how can I tell a second from a first? Thanks, Larry
          Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
          Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
          Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
          Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
          Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
          Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
          Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Johnny, I got 'lucky' on ebay and was able to purchase mine for <$150, which I consider a good price for this pressing. I've typically see them go for $200-300.
          Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

Originally posted by astrotoy View Post

I've got an early UK pressing - how can I tell a second from a first? Thanks, Larry
            Larry, the simple way is the first press has a blue triangle with hard to read writing in it!!!

Comment

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
              -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
              -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
              -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

[Sorry this one is post-dated but fell asleep on the job errr. couch last night! :)] n5907 ONE item above all others rule Musical Notes for March 1 and that

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	49649
                  Originally posted by astrotoy View Post

if it looks like this and is EX condition or better, you have a valuable record...
                  Christian
                  System Gear

Comment

I'm getting the impression from various sources, and provided one has clean copies, that there is a fairly equal preference with regard to a UK Harvest A3/B3 and a Toshiba Pro-use copy This makes me a little more hesitant, but I'm still really tempted. Chances are that I will probably make him an offer, but before I do I need to settle on a maximum price I'm willing to pay. I'll try to decide what that price should be at some point today and then present a realistic bid.

Comment

• Rob
                      Rob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh Johnny, just scratch that itch you know you want it I don't own the pro-use but my buddy who is a Floyd fanatic does and has all if not most of rth best LP vers. we shot out the Pro Use against the Harvest. it definitely was goosed somewhere in the presence range to heighten the detail but ultimately fell short of the US and Uk Harvest pressings. he's a completest and wouldn't do w/o the pro-use even if he never played it again

• Johnny Vinyl
                      Johnny Vinyl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I do want it as it would satisfy my urge of having some truly wonderful pressings. Even though the UK is my preferred copy so far, I still play the others as well.
                      This buy would be a bit of an extravagance for me, but hell...you only live once (I think).

Just made an offer

Comment

Working...
                    X