Sad News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News

Eric Clapton says he's going deaf and struggled to play guitar.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, Klaudio arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, MPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Sad, to say the least.

Comment

An aging population and a big segment of the overall. My wife, now 68, has been having difficulty hearing for a few years now. I seem to have received my fathers ears which are terrific and he is 87. My mother is more than 60% deaf at 89. I believe Tinnitus rides along with loss of hearing as my mother tells me. Aging and hearing for a guy like Clapton are crucial. I recall Eugene Ormandy was in bad shape his last ten years with Philadelphia as was Solti in his final decade. Goes to show you how gifted Beethoven was to continue to write many years before he died. But of course writing down what you hear in your head does not present the same challenges as performing with other people which makes hearing loss much more difficult.
      TW Acustic TT with upgraded motor and controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Transfiguration Proteus Cart; Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amplfier; Revel Studio Ultima Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Schiitt Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Sounds like he's having a major inflammation cascade event. We all have to remember to do what we can do - diet, rest, exercise

Comment

Originally posted by 1morerecord2clean View Post
          An aging population and a big segment of the overall. My wife, now 68, has been having difficulty hearing for a few years now. I seem to have received my fathers ears which are terrific and he is 87. My mother is more than 60% deaf at 89. I believe Tinnitus rides along with loss of hearing as my mother tells me. Aging and hearing for a guy like Clapton are crucial. I recall Eugene Ormandy was in bad shape his last ten years with Philadelphia as was Solti in his final decade. Goes to show you how gifted Beethoven was to continue to write many years before he died. But of course writing down what you hear in your head does not present the same challenges as performing with other people which makes hearing loss much more difficult.
          Sure playing at all those loud rock concerts over the years unprotected didn’t help matters either. Look at Pete Townsend. 😟
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, Klaudio arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, MPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Really, really sad. One of the true greats.
            Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 to a Bricasti M1 DAC for SACD (DSD) and Redbook - Tascam 42B Refurbished + Doshi V.3 Tape Stage - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - Custom Furutech Power Cords & Interconnects and Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables - VPI 16.5 RCM

Comment

Working...
            X