No announcement yet.

Eddie Kramer on Jimi Hendrix Trilogy With 'Both Sides Of The Sky'

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Kramer on Jimi Hendrix Trilogy With 'Both Sides Of The Sky'

Short piece from NPR on Eddie Kramer's recent project of bringing out previously unreleased material from the Hendrix vaults, very interesting...follow the link to hear the interview.
    How Do You Beat Audiophile Nervosa?

Step Number 1: Upgrade your music collection first. If you do it correctly that should keep you busy in perpetuity.

Is this available now and has anyone heard it and what are their impressions?
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

I have refused to listen to another Postmortem Album since people Hell and Angels.
      What a cobbled together mess.
      Don't get me wrong the parts that actually where from Hendrix are great. But just putting a demo into an endless loop and writing some backing arrangement to it and calling it a Hendrix song is utterly disgraceful!
      I would have much prefered just to hear the Mastered Demo recording as is. I am sure Jimi is thrilled people are still listening to his music but he for sure would not have released something like that back in the day.
      I hope this new Album is better...