Country Eastern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Eastern?

I don't want to start any shit but Cyndi Lauper is releasing her new album... in dribs and in drabs. "Heartaches By the Number"? "Walkin' After Midnight"? Say what? The arrangements are knockouts. And at 62? Any Queens gal living should sound so good.

Originally posted by gatorjl View Post
    I don't want to start any shit but Cyndi Lauper is releasing her new album... in dribs and in drabs. "Heartaches By the Number"? "Walkin' After Midnight"? Say what? The arrangements are knockouts. And at 62? Any Queens gal living should sound so good.
    Cyndi's an amazingly talented artist be it music, art or acting! A good friend's wife used to paint with Cyndi!

You really make me want to get a listen to her new album!!!

Thanks Ken!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I got to hear her perform in a small ballroom for a company gala a few years ago. She was great! Remember when she and Madonna were neck and neck for top female pop artist?
      I used to dig the early Madonna stuff, too, when Jelly Bean Benitez was working with her.

Comment

Saw Cyndi Lauper many moons ago, too. Fun concert! Last number was True Colors and the entire audience was singing along with her. She stopped singing but the audience kept going. Very nice ending to a great concert.

Will look to get her new lp now.
        Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

I used to play her True Colors LP all the time, but haven't in years. Never really followed her career either.
          Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Working...
          X