Gladiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator

This arrived here this week, never got to see the film, (i'm not really into these blockbusters) but the CD soundtrack is pretty impressive, not the ultimate in recording quality but certainly full on at times.. Lisa Gerrard balances the testosterone fuelled sections very niceley, just wish there was a bit more space and transparency.

https://zaxisaudio.com/

It is a phenomenal film- great action, dramatic tension, some good acting, great story line and yes, the soundtrack and Lisa Gerrard's ethereal voice adds a real dimension to the experience. Although I agree that most Hollywood blockbusters are weak, CGI laden, cardboard stories that leave you wishing you had booked that dentist's appointment instead, this one doesn't disappoint. Highly recommend that you see the movie.

Comment

I like the 45 rpm ORG release.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• Paul S
        Paul S commented
        Editing a comment
        How many LP's are used at 45 rpm Myles?

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Two IIRC.

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
      This arrived here this week, never got to see the film, (i'm not really into these blockbusters) but the CD soundtrack is pretty impressive, not the ultimate in recording quality but certainly full on at times.. Lisa Gerrard balances the testosterone fuelled sections very niceley, just wish there was a bit more space and transparency.
      I always enjoyed that CD. Great music for a film soundtrack. Stands on it's own. Another one I like is the soundtrack from "Birth" (Nicole Kidman).
      TT- ATLP120 mod> AT120eb (Lofgren), Denon 103
      Pre- Emotiva XPS-1 Phono, McCormack Line Drive
      Power- Parasound New Classic 2125v2
      Dig- JRiver 20 server> Adcom GDA-700.
      Speakers- Mirage M7si, Stax SR5, Stax SR34
      Wires- Transparent, Kimber, AQ, Tributaries

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	birth.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	55597
        TT- ATLP120 mod> AT120eb (Lofgren), Denon 103
        Pre- Emotiva XPS-1 Phono, McCormack Line Drive
        Power- Parasound New Classic 2125v2
        Dig- JRiver 20 server> Adcom GDA-700.
        Speakers- Mirage M7si, Stax SR5, Stax SR34
        Wires- Transparent, Kimber, AQ, Tributaries

Comment

Apparently there is a new lp/vinyl version out of the gladiator. See the mdt.co.uk website.

Do any of you guys have an idea how this version sounds, for example in comparison to the ORG 45 rpm?

Comment

I have a test pressing of the 45 rpm ORG. It sounds very good.
            Christian
            System Gear

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	55629
              Christian
              System Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Audiocrack View Post
                Apparently there is a new lp/vinyl version out of the gladiator. See the mdt.co.uk website.

Do any of you guys have an idea how this version sounds, for example in comparison to the ORG 45 rpm?
                The release date of this LP is June 16th, so we can only preorder. I love the film and music and ORG LP and wil buy this version too.

Source: Kuzma XL DC/4Point 14 inch/CAR60; Phono: Zanden 1200 Signature; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: Zanden 3000 Mk2; Power amp: Lamm 1.2 Reference; Speakers: AlsyVox Botticelli; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Elite NG; Cable system: Cardas Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Power strip: Cardas Nautilus; Power filter: P.I Audo: BUSS Depot; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT);

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  me too

• Paul S
                  Paul S commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I may join you with the new release, can you let us know what you think when you get it??

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

The release date of this LP is June 16th, so we can only preorder. I love the film and music and ORG LP and wil buy this version too.
                thanks for this info, Marcus.

Comment

Originally posted by rockitman View Post

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	55629
                  As far as I know the ORG version is out of print but maybe I am wrong on this.

Comment

By ORG do you mean original?
                    https://zaxisaudio.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                      By ORG do you mean original?
                      It's a record label- "Original Recordings Group" run by Ying Tan, one of the original co-founders of Classic Records, not to be confused with ORG Music, a different label that is essentially the same, but is not affiliated directly with Ying, though it was. (or something).

Comment

• Paul S
                        Paul S commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for clarifying that Bill, i'll look them up

Originally posted by Audiocrack View Post

As far as I know the ORG version is out of print but maybe I am wrong on this.
                      It is OOP...ebay is your friend in this regard..
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANS-ZIMMER-...sAAOSw5cNYHe~l

Christian
                      System Gear

Comment

Or Discogs...
                        https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2459926?ev=rb

Comment

Working...
                        X