No announcement yet.

Gladiator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks gentlemen for the reference to these websites.

Comment

I got a notice from MDT that the Gladiator LP is shipping.
      Source: Kuzma XL DC, Kuzma 4Point 14 inch, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: conrad-johnson GAT Series 2; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART; Speakers: Avalon Time; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Signature & Thor SE; Cable system: Cardas Clear & Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Power conditioner: P.I.Audio: UberBuss with Furutech FI-E30 NCF; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT);

Comment

• Paul S
        Paul S commented
        Editing a comment
        Great news, do let us know what you think Marcus.. I did order on LP also so maybe next week with some luck..

My copy arrived today, need to wait for the right time to sit down in peace and quiet to hear it now
      http://www.z-axisaudio.co.uk/

Comment

Made a comparative listening with the ORG 45rpm version yesterday. This MDT reissue sounds more open, airy and detailed. Lower regions are tighter, soundstage and focus are similar. ORG on the other side is much more natural, still a bit dark but also more dynamically authoritative, has more solid, extended and stronger bass. So, ORG is a better choice for me but It is hard to criticize this new reissue if you don’t have the ORG.
        Source: Kuzma XL DC, Kuzma 4Point 14 inch, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: conrad-johnson GAT Series 2; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART; Speakers: Avalon Time; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Signature & Thor SE; Cable system: Cardas Clear & Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Power conditioner: P.I.Audio: UberBuss with Furutech FI-E30 NCF; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT);

Comment

• tima
          tima commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the follow-up. My ORG copy remains sealed. I was pleasantly surprised w the MDT but agree to expecting a more forceful, weightier low end. Still, a nice effort, much better overall than my CD copy.

I have the CD as well.....always liked Lisa from Dead Can Dance days. If you're into movie music....get the LP of the Vangelus "Blade Runner"....huge open soundstage.

Comment

Hi I need some opinions. I have a seller who is willing to part with the gladiator org pressing new but he says the Lp is not # because it was an office demo copy that was used for promotional purposes any thoughts. The seller does get a good rating Thanks

Comment

• Joe Pittman
            Joe Pittman commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there anything written in the dead wax? If so, what is there? We can check our ORG copies...

• chris h
            chris h commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Joe this is a sealed copy so I do not believe the seller will open to verify any info on the dead wax. Is there such thing as bootleg copies of LP's? I can post the photos I just received showing the outer jacket Thanks

• Joe Pittman
            Joe Pittman commented
            Editing a comment
            Why would an original "office demo copy" be sealed? That sounds suspicious to me.

However, I can believe that it could be missing a serial number if it was pre-production... This LP needs close inspection if they want a lot of money for it. Hopefully you can return it if it is bogus.
        Working...
        X