Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1968 - Johnny Cash hits the #8 spot with the wonderful At Folsom Prison...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 - Johnny Cash hits the #8 spot with the wonderful At Folsom Prison...

...and The Beatles hit the #1 spot with the brilliant "White" album. This year showed a little more diversity in the Top 10 and we're seeing artists who's future albums would become mega-sellers and part of our music journey.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/yearstats.php?y=1968

Top 10 albums of 1968

1. The Beatles - The Beatles (White album)
    2. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
    3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland
    4. The Zombies - Odessey And Oracle
    5. The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
    6. The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
    7. The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
    8. Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
    9. The Band - Music From Big Pink
    10. Simon And Garfunkel - Bookends

I have 7 from this list.

One of my favourite album charted at #52 that year - Bloomfield, Kooper, Stills - Super Session.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

I think that is the year I saw Johnny Cash Live great show

Comment

I only have 5 of those albums (but I do have #52)
      Last edited by JCOConnell; 05-09-2016, 06:12 AM.
      Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
        ...and The Beatles hit the #1 spot with the brilliant "White" album. This year showed a little more diversity in the Top 10 and we're seeing artists who's future albums would become mega-sellers and part of our music journey.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/yearstats.php?y=1968

Top 10 albums of 1968

1. The Beatles - The Beatles (White album)
        2. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
        3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland
        4. The Zombies - Odessey And Oracle
        5. The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
        6. The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
        7. The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
        8. Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
        9. The Band - Music From Big Pink
        10. Simon And Garfunkel - Bookends

I have 7 from this list.

One of my favourite album charted at #52 that year - Bloomfield, Kooper, Stills - Super Session.
        I have four now and actually had seven of them at one time. Never, ever got The Velvet Underground-White Light/White Heat.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Working...
        X