1977 - Rumours, Animals, Aja & Never Mind The Bollocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 - Rumours, Animals, Aja & Never Mind The Bollocks

This was not a strong year for me and may be the one of the weakest of the 70's era album lists. Still, it produced some classic albums.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/yearst...ir=desc&page=1

My haul that year:
    Top 10 - 4
    Top 25 - 10
    Top 50 - 18
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Its really not that bad, I have 34 of the top 100 and there are some good titles I don't have.
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

I'm with you on Rumors and Aja. Then Heavy Weather, Running on Empty and Muddy's Hard Again in the top 50. Lots of songs though from some of the others.
      Thiel 7.2s, Manley NeoClassic 250s, Wadia 850, MIT Oracle V3 speaker cables, MIT MI-350 Oracle interconnects, Black Diamond Racing Shelves and Cones in a dedicated room with ASC Tube Traps, Room Tunes and 3 X 20 amp dedicated circuits.

Comment

All I can remember is being bombarded by The Bee Gees,😣.

Comment

• mkuller
          mkuller commented
          Editing a comment
          I like their music (and other disco songs from that era) more now than I did then.

Is it just me or were the three best albums of '77 after Rumours, # 30, 41 and 64?
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
        -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
          Johnny Vinyl commented
          Editing a comment
          There's no doubt that #41, I Robot, was my favourite album of 1977.

Tough year for good music, IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Gusf View Post
          Tough year for good music, IMHO
          Was a good year for summer concerts that year in NYC at the Garden. Saw Fleetwood Mac doing most of their hits from Rumours, Pink Floyd doing Animals, ELP and Bob Dylan. Could afford tickets back then too!
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
          -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
          -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
          -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• Gusf
            Gusf commented
            Editing a comment
            I can imagine it was an exciting time. There was a lot of affordable good shows at that time. ESPECIALLY in NYC.

• Johnny Vinyl
            Johnny Vinyl commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw Pink Floyd at Olympic Stadium in Montreal during that IN THE FLESH tour in 1977. This was their last stop before heading back home and the one whereby RW spat on an audience member.

I have 19 out of the top 20 on vinyl. 37 of the top 100. not bad considering I had only started high school and not buying records in 1977

Comment

• Gusf
            Gusf commented
            Editing a comment
            I was in Highshool grabbing everything from the 60's🤑
        Working...
        X