Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 40 August 1972

Remember that like it was yesterday.

A re-release of "Layla" was joined in the Top 10 this week with one of the all-time great rebellious classic rock anthems
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Remember that like it was yesterday.
    I was not even a teenager but I do remember most of these on the radio very clearly in my mind. The old tube clock radio was always playing on top of the refrigerator in our house.

Otherwise it was on the Delco am radio in my dad's 1969 Chevelle SS with "Astro Ventilation" .. now that was a nice car.
    Front end: Aesthetix Io Signature with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point , Brinkmann 12.1 , Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM
    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2 - Custom Direct Drive to supply Beveridge Electrostatics
    Pre-Amps: ARC SP 3a, Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3, REL S/2 x 2

Comment

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      my step father had a 1970 chevelle, my father had a 1971 cutlass supreme.

Unlike today's charts I liked many and owned every single one of the songs in this chart...
    david
    Last edited by david k; 08-05-2017, 01:58 PM.
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.
    Systems, showroom links:
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

That was the year I graduated from college in May so this chart is 3 months later. Layla is one of my favorite albums. But, Wayne Newton? Mouth and McNeil? Gimme a break.
      Thiel 7.2s, Manley NeoClassic 250s, Wadia 850, MIT Oracle V3 speaker cables, MIT MI-350 Oracle interconnects, Black Diamond Racing Shelves and Cones in a dedicated room with ASC Tube Traps, Room Tunes and 3 X 20 amp dedicated circuits.

Comment

Working...
      X