No announcement yet.

Integrated Amplifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I had an integrated amp was when I got one in a package deal of 3 components on ebay..A Philips tuner, a Philips int. amp, and a Onkyo CD player. The tuner was high end so that's what I kept, I did test and sell off the Philips int amp and it sounded mighty fine indeed, excellent midrange definition and extended deep base. 75 WPC . The buyer left me extremely positive feedback as he felt it was better than average too. I only got $100 for it, kinda regret selling it.

P,S, Both the Philips tuner and int, amp were full size components with wood side panels attached, late 70's vintage.
    Last edited by JCOConnell; 03-18-2019, 01:06 AM. Reason: added postscript
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

The Bel Canto eOne C5i is a real good entry level integrated amp. It has a built-in MM phono stage, built-in 24/96 DAC with 5 inputs, and 60wpc (8 ohms) and 120 wpc (4 ohms). Plus its half-width size makes it suitable for small spaces. Under $2000.

Comment

Hi Myles, just wondering when you plan to post your review of the Fuoco amp? Also, do you have the current Massimo Fuoco version....I understand this version has several improvements? Finally, which speaker cables are you using with it? Looking forward to the review. Many thanks

Comment

Hi Myles, just read your vey positive comments about the Ensemble Fuoco integrated amp on PF 2019 awards. Is it possible for you to give an idea about when your full review will be published as I may be in the market for an integrated amp soon? Many thanks

Comment

I had an interesting conversation the other day. About 7 or 8 years ago a little hi-fi shop opened in downtown Seattle. The idea was to sell compact audio systems to all of people living in condos. One of the salesman said they sell maybe 1 system a year to people who live downtown. The rest of the sales are to people who live in the suburbs and drive into the city to get to the store.

I mention it as I'm questioning whether integrated is really about space saving for people with limited realestate. My own personal opinion is they look neat and clean. The lack of cables and components feels of a sophisticated posh decor. The mess of cables behind my rack bothers me. It looks unkempt and creates a feeling of havoc throughout the living Room. What's worse is lashing them together is detrimental to the sound. That causes me to splay them all over to create distance.
            PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
            Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
            Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Working...
            X