pNEUANCE pNEUPOD NP-2 Feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pNEUANCE pNEUPOD NP-2 Feet

Just setup and took all of ten minutes or so. New pNEUANCE feet for VPI Vanquish table. Bang away. Nothing happens.

Sound aside, I really dig how they look with the turntable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191004_175552.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	124528Click image for larger version  Name:	20191004_175601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	124529
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

The Vanquish feet are air bladders and the pNeuance feet are air bladders. So, you have stacked air bladders.Interaction could be good or could be bad. Anyone suggest the combination will give better performance, say below 10 Hz?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Pittman View Post
      The Vanquish feet are air bladders and the pNeuance feet are air bladders. So, you have stacked air bladders.Interaction could be good or could be bad. Anyone suggest the combination will give better performance, say below 10 Hz?
      No the VPI feet come off and are replaced with the pNEUANCE pNEUPODS.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

No the VPI feet come off and are replaced with the pNEUANCE pNEUPODS.
        Are these special feet made for the Vanquish? With an overall height of around 3"? And threaded screws to fit the Vanquish? If so, did they quote what the isolation frequency was?

Comment

Are these special feet made for the Vanquish? With an overall height of around 3"? And threaded screws to fit the Vanquish? If so, did they quote what the isolation frequency was?
          Yes to all. A drop in replacement.

I assume the pNEUPODS would work with all Avenger tables. The solid plastic adaptor piece that goes between the feet and table is specially made. That screws into the table and the PNEUPODS screw into the plastic adaptor. A “feeler-like” gauge is used to set proper height/inflation. And to check feet too. Anyone can replace them too. Really easy to assemble and inflate. Even include a small cork circle that goes under the feet if afraid feet/rubber might mar the surface. This is a really well thought out design.

They also make a table plus feet that Michael Corsetino used under his Avenger and reviewed for PF.

All I know at the moment is in the white paper.

Remember the SRA base goes down to 0.5 hZ.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Myles, were you having any issues with the pneumatic feet that came with the Vanquish?

As an alternative to exotic feet, I've always wondered what it would sound like to go with direct coupling (with spikes) into a SRA platform (or others like Minus K, Herzan and others).

Comment

Myles, were you having any issues with the pneumatic feet that came with the Vanquish?
              First, I heard the pNEUANCE feet demo - albeit under electronics - at a couple of shows and was very impressed. So I wanted hear if they might sound better than the VPI feet. And so far - again preliminarily- the results are pretty obvious.

Two, I liked the ability to easily know how much air to add to the bladders.

Third, the pNEUPOD’s build quality is outstanding.

Fourth, after a number of years, the VPI feet tend to lose air more rapidly and need to be checked more often.

As an alternative to exotic feet, I've always wondered what it would sound like to go with direct coupling (with spikes) into a SRA platform (or others like Minus K, Herzan and others).
              I think the “action” of spikes is too unpredictable and non-linear. Especially when look at them as filters. Now it’s different if the spikes or tiptoes are an integral part of say the design. Or even speakers that are producing the energy.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

I considered using these under my SP 10 in my main room but wasn't sure they would ameliorate footfall issues with a springy wooden floor.
                You probably have a poured concrete floor in your crib, right Myles?

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                  MylesBAstor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually no. But solid and no footfall issues.

Myles, were you having any issues with the pneumatic feet that came with the Vanquish?.
                A few comments with respect to the VPI pneumatic air suspension feet.

I have owned the VPI air pneumatic feet for over 2-years. As with any air bladder system, they will require periodic air adjustment. Mine require adjustment approximately every 4-6 months.

Below are a few tips and tricks that I have learned that are not included in any VPI documentation. Some maybe applicable to the Pneuance feet.
                • Like the Pneuance feet, the VPI feet’s height can be measured using an internal feeler gauge by measuring the gap between the footer’s base and upper section
                • Do not use a standard tire air pump to inflate the air bladder. Tire pumps are designed to provide both high pressure along with high air volume and are too crude to control air volume and pressure. I use a bicycle shock pump, which provides very precise and user controllable air volume. In addition, shock pumps have a two-stage valve release interface that eliminates air loss when the pump is disengaged from the Schrader value (very important due to the low air volume involved).
                • Frequency isolation can be tuned by adjusting the air pressure within the footer. Most standard pressure gauges are too crude to precisely measure the low pressure required for properly isolation (5-12 psi). I have found that the pressure gauge that are incorporated into most shock pumps are only good to get you into an approximate range. I use a Fatbike specific air pressure gauge that is design to measure low air pressure between 0-15 psi. It also incorporates an air bleed off valve to allow the end user to dial in exact air pressure.

I have used VPI’s standard feet, Black Diamond Racing Jumbo Puck-Cone-Jumbo Puck combo and Stillpoints Ultra 5 on my table. They all sound different, but my favorite has been the VPI pneumatic air suspension feet.

The Pneuance feet appear to be an affordable option for those looking to improve/change their table’s current platform interface. I look forward to Mile’s listening impressions.

Sorry for the thread derail.

Comment

Working...
                X