Moving Up To Monoblocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbbert View Post
    I have had monoblocks ordered since June, now perhaps (hopefully) coming in October
    Yes have heard about delays from many companies.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 440 mono amps
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, Phasemation PP-500 cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna, Audience FrontRow; Audience FrontRow, Genesis Advanced Technologies , Goldmund and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.3+ platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Kot View Post

Congrats on the new monoblocks! May I ask why you've chosen the Telos 440 and NOT the Telos 380 model which does not include the digital input option and thus has much less complex (potentially more reliable & better sounding ) circuit? Thank you!
      The Telos 380s are built exclusively for the South Korean market.

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, Phasemation PP-500 cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna, Audience FrontRow; Audience FrontRow, Genesis Advanced Technologies , Goldmund and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.3+ platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust View Post
        Myles - How large is your room (L x W x H), how far are you from your speakers and do you feel different dimension ratios or larger space would be better or not?
        It’s all speculation. Every room brings different pluses and minuses. You gain something, you give up something. Smaller and mid-sized rooms bring an intimacy and staging while larger rooms bring a different perspective.

This combo is the best sounding system I’ve assembled in this room.

Comment

• Rust
          Rust commented
          Editing a comment
          The reason I asked was I've recently relocated my system back to the large room (temporarily moved for remodeling and so on) and despite completely different rooms, the preferred speaker geometry (distance between, distance to listening position) is the same. The image coalesces best at what I consider a nearly nearfield distance, given the largish multi-driver towers. I've found this a little surprising. I tried a pair of mid-sized two ways in the same location and the best imaging is very close to the same distance.

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

The Telos 380s are built exclusively for the South Korean market.
        Thanks! Looking forward to your initial observations soon!

Comment

They look great - bit on the light side, mind you, at 53 lbs. (my monos weigh 102 each and would quickly toast a cat, as they don't have outer shells like yours do to distance the kitties from the heat sinks). Although cats are sensible enough not to do anything uncomfortable anyway.

How does the sound compare to the old set up?
          Main:VPI TNT V, SME V, Koetsu Urushi, Vendetta SCP2-D, Conrad Johnson Premier 14, Conrad Johnson Premier 11a, Wilson Maxx 2, Inouye power conditioner, Moon 280D DAC

#2 Sota Cosmos, SME V, Lyra Clavis, Bryston BP17, Conrad Johnson Premier 15 phono, Classe DR3 VHC, Martin Logan CLS, Hegel HD12 DAC

#3 Roksan Radius 5/Nima/Goldring Eroica LX Classe DR-7, Classe DR3 VHC bridged monos + PSE V monos (bass), Classe DAC1 DAC, Vandersteen 4A,

#4 (AV) Marantz AV 7702 Mk2, Rowland 5, Wilson Maxx 2, Vandersteen VSM-1 (x4), Hsu VTF-15H Mk 2 (x2)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	169628
            Finally!
            Tascam BR-20
            Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head , DeHavilland 222 tape head pre
            Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS
            Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS
            MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out)
            Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair)
            Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s
            VMPS Larger Sub
            Daedalus/Wywires, Audioquest, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld cables
            Core Power Equi=Power
            Adona rack; Stillpoints and IsoPods, Tube Traps, GIK

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

It’s all speculation. Every room brings different pluses and minuses. You gain something, you give up something. Smaller and mid-sized rooms bring an intimacy and staging while larger rooms bring a different perspective.

This combo is the best sounding system I’ve assembled in this room.
              Any updates on the sound of these Goldmund 440 as they should have "settled" by now? Will there be a review in the PF soon? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X