X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kot
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

It’s all speculation. Every room brings different pluses and minuses. You gain something, you give up something. Smaller and mid-sized rooms bring an intimacy and staging while larger rooms bring a different perspective.

This combo is the best sounding system I’ve assembled in this room.
    Any updates on the sound of these Goldmund 440 as they should have "settled" by now? Will there be a review in the PF soon? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rbbert
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	169628
    Finally!

Leave a comment:

• wspohn
    replied
    They look great - bit on the light side, mind you, at 53 lbs. (my monos weigh 102 each and would quickly toast a cat, as they don't have outer shells like yours do to distance the kitties from the heat sinks). Although cats are sensible enough not to do anything uncomfortable anyway.

How does the sound compare to the old set up?

Leave a comment:

• Rust
    commented on 's reply
    The reason I asked was I've recently relocated my system back to the large room (temporarily moved for remodeling and so on) and despite completely different rooms, the preferred speaker geometry (distance between, distance to listening position) is the same. The image coalesces best at what I consider a nearly nearfield distance, given the largish multi-driver towers. I've found this a little surprising. I tried a pair of mid-sized two ways in the same location and the best imaging is very close to the same distance.

• Kot
    replied

The Telos 380s are built exclusively for the South Korean market.
    Thanks! Looking forward to your initial observations soon!

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Rust View Post
    Myles - How large is your room (L x W x H), how far are you from your speakers and do you feel different dimension ratios or larger space would be better or not?
    It’s all speculation. Every room brings different pluses and minuses. You gain something, you give up something. Smaller and mid-sized rooms bring an intimacy and staging while larger rooms bring a different perspective.

This combo is the best sounding system I’ve assembled in this room.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by Kot View Post

Congrats on the new monoblocks! May I ask why you've chosen the Telos 440 and NOT the Telos 380 model which does not include the digital input option and thus has much less complex (potentially more reliable & better sounding ) circuit? Thank you!
    The Telos 380s are built exclusively for the South Korean market.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by rbbert View Post
    I have had monoblocks ordered since June, now perhaps (hopefully) coming in October
    Yes have heard about delays from many companies.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks.

Audience Front Row ICs and speaker cables here.

• Rust
    replied
    Myles - How large is your room (L x W x H), how far are you from your speakers and do you feel different dimension ratios or larger space would be better or not?

Leave a comment:

• Kot
    replied

It’s a bit of optical illusion (small difference) and because not permanent position. Am waiting for new 2nd SRA amp stand. Then current SRA amp stand goes back for retuning for new amps. In addition, We still have to get to AC.

No comparison. Totally different amps. Playing in different league. (As good as stereo amp is.)
    Congrats on the new monoblocks! May I ask why you've chosen the Telos 440 and NOT the Telos 380 model which does not include the digital input option and thus has much less complex (potentially more reliable & better sounding ) circuit? Thank you!
    Last edited by Kot; 08-09-2022, 02:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rbbert
    replied
    I have had monoblocks ordered since June, now perhaps (hopefully) coming in October

Leave a comment:

• ashandger
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds wonderful Myles, even via YouTube. Will need to order this LP asap. May I ask which interconnects and speaker cables are you using in this video? Would love to hear something from KOB if possible? Many thanks for sharing

• Ritmo
    replied
    Congratulations Myles! They look good and sound good!

PS - Just ordered Shades of Chet and The Poll Winners!

Leave a comment:

• timztunz
    replied
    Congratulations Myles! It sounds fabulous even over desktop system.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X