X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skogrand Beethoven Cables

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Insightful review of what appears to be their finest product. I couldn't resist doing a quick calculation for my system. My speaker cables have a fairly long run as they go under the floor and then up to the racks on the other side of the room, about 30 feet. The cost would be $201,080. Although, if I opted for a cotton/polyester blend instead of the silk sleeves there might be a savings!
    On a more serious note, I am always amazed how different cable brands have their own sonic signature, or lack thereof.
    P.S. My mistake, mathematical error. Cables would only cost me $100,540. I was thinking per meter instead of 22K for two meters.
    Speakers, Wilson Audio Sasha 2's; line stage, ARC Ref 6; phono pre ARC Ref 3; Amplifier, ARC Ref 75 SE; turntable, Dr. Feickert Firebird with a Kuzma 14 inch 4 pt and Transfiguration Proteus; CD player Ayre C 5 xe; tuner, Magnum Dynalab MD109 SE; Dr. Feickert Analogue CBPS; Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; Transparent Audio Isolator 8; Transparent Super cables and IC's; and a Atocha Designs Record Cabinet

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      How excited you must have been at the realisation of such a savings! :-)

Great review....highly detailed and informative. Perhaps Knut can send you some of their power cables to review as well?

Comment

Not a fan of the linen outer covers...quite ugly for cables in fact.
      Christian
      System Gear

Comment

Originally posted by rockitman View Post
        If you go to the website, buyers have a choice of colors.

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	83F64B6E-E7F5-4446-8E8C-1FD1FED33A37.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	81227

Comment

• rockitman
            rockitman commented
            Editing a comment
            They look like they would appeal to the interior design sensibilities of women audiophiles....rare as hen teeth...lol

Originally posted by ashandger View Post
          Great review....highly detailed and informative. Perhaps Knut can send you some of their power cables to review as well?
          There are no plans at the moment and I am booked up through June or July right now with reviews.

Little insight. There are so many cables around that if desired—and I don’t—I could review cables from now til the cows come home. 🙀 Just last month had five cable companies contact me about the possibility of a review.

Comment

• ashandger
            ashandger commented
            Editing a comment
            Not surprised given the excellent quality of your reviews.

Very thorough review Myles.
          SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs, and a pair of JBL 4345 speakers.

Comment

Nice review, but ouch $22K.
            Pure Audio Project Trio 10/Voxativ, Transition Audio 811A Triode monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI, Custom TT with Vertere tone arm, Allnic H1201, Denon 103R Midas Saphire with line contact diamond. Mojo Audio CAT Server with remote Illuminati power supply, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC. Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingrex View Post
              Nice review, but ouch $22K.
              Skogrand has more affordable lines. Their entry level Vivaldi line sounded very nice at RMAF last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Skogrand has more affordable lines. Their entry level Vivaldi line sounded very nice at RMAF last year.
                Yes, the Vivaldis were quite a pleasant surprise at $750 for 2 meters.

Comment

The silk brocade are not the outermost layer. They have a clear protective cover. I must disagree about their looks -- beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think they are beautiful.

Comment

• rockitman
                    rockitman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I no longer see any beauty in $22k or more speakers cables.

Originally posted by Viva Hifi Scott View Post

The silk brocade are not the outermost layer. They have a clear protective cover. I must disagree about their looks -- beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think they are beautiful.
                  Me too if you are enamored with the look of your Great Grandmother's curtains.and wallpaper. They have a certain Victorian look about them. But you are right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's good we all don't like the same things. What's really important is how good they sound and I think Myles did a really good job of explaining how they sounded in his system.
                  SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs, and a pair of JBL 4345 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by mep View Post

Me too if you are enamored with the look of your Great Grandmother's curtains.and wallpaper. They have a certain Victorian look about them. But you are right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's good we all don't like the same things. What's really important is how good they sound and I think Myles did a really good job of explaining how they sounded in his system.
                    In the last year I've become painfully aware how ugly and brutal life can be and often is. I don't know how much more time I'll be walking on this planet but I'm looking for beauty wherever I can find it. In the audio world that means hand crafted pieces that go beyond the utilitarian rectangular boxes, fat black cables and the like. There is so much excellent gear that also pleases the eye that I don't want to settle for plain looking components anymore. Give me beautiful wood speakers like Daedalus, grand piano and ocean wave looks like Zesto, and Skogrand cables. When I sit back and listen to the magic they make and enjoy how they look, I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X