• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Neil Young Archive Release

TUSCALOOSA
    John Hanlon3-12-19

Dear readers,
    Regarding the upcoming TUSCALOOSA live album from the February 5, 1973 concert in Alabama; mastering for vinyl and hi-res is now underway at Bernie Grundman Mastering in Hollywood.

I mixed the album in Studio 2 at East West in Hollywood over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays from analog 16 track 2” masters to ¼” 30ips tape, sending my mixes daily to Neil in Colorado to listen to. Then Neil would send his comments to me live as he listened. Suggested changes made, I then assembled the final mixes for three master album reels for three sides of vinyl, based on sequencing done previously with Neil in the digital realm. During the sequencing, two songs, “ON THE WAY HOME” AND “THE LONER” were dropped. ‘On the way Home’ has already appeared on many live records. ‘The Loner’ was out of tune.

It was analog to analog all the way around for TUSCALOOSA, the next upcoming live record by Neil and the Stray Gators, (unless something else happens to change that). The 192/24 master for NYA will be generated from the analog mastering, directly from the master tapes through Grundman Mastering’s great console.

Happy listening, John Hanlon

Do you have a link for this news?
    Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

I'm guessing it was on the archives site but I copied it from Facebook.

Comment

How do I get a digital copy?
        PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI preamp,
        Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
        Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

John how do we get a copy ??
          Chris
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

Not released yet. Im sure it will be widely available.

Comment

Working...
            X