Cochemea Gastelum- All My Relations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cochemea Gastelum- All My Relations

You'll probably want to buy this record. Why? It checks all the boxes for me: interesting, somewhat offbeat music, great sonics and readily available as a new issue for little money.
    What's the story? Gastelum is a seasoned horn player and has worked with a lot of big acts, on the road and in the studio. This solo outing brings together an amazing percussion ensemble which works its way into the melodies---the interplay among the horns, drums and chanting comes together in a way that does not sound contrived or done solely for sonic effect. But, it has some real WOW moments, starting just a few revolutions into the first track. The drum sounds are huge, with skin sound, the tone of the instrument body and dynamics. This album doesn't fit neatly into a category- call it Native American influenced Afro-Beat? That almost misses the point-- it's a spiritual journey of exotic sounds that are musically engaging -- it's been getting some play here, and not because of the "demo record" sonics- it is a very musically satisfying listen. https://thevinylpress.com/cochemea-g...-my-relations/

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0903.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	112781

What he said.
    PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
    www.lasercd.com
    www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

Working...
    X