• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maher Audio

Anyone use the Maher stuff? http://www.alanmaherdesigns.net/
    Dave Clark
    Editor and Publisher, Positive Feedback
    www.positive-feedback.com

Hi Dave! Welcome to audionirvana! So glad you had time to come and visit!

Just by way of introduction, Dave is one of the co-owners of Positive-Feedback and let's give him a warm welcome!

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Dave, didn't Alan do some other products years ago too?

Interesting list of products. His EMF absorbing pad reminds me of this Stillpoints EMF absorbing cloth:

http://www.stillpoints.us/index.php/product/ers

I was wondering what the difference was between Alan's Tricell platform and the one marketed by Synergistic?

You know the thing is we don't appreciate just how much we're inundated with RFI and EMF. Cell phones. Computers. Appliances. Grid problems. And so on. And the problems are often very insidious. That said, what I find many of these products do is really chop off the upper octaves (I know that can be argued). But I'd sure like to hear some of these products like the platform and wave guide.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Hi Dave!
        Mike
        Avanti Audio

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Clark View Post
          Anyone use the Maher stuff? http://www.alanmaherdesigns.net/

Waveguides are normally associated with RF and are used for such purposes as carrying the output of an RF transmitter to the associated antenna. How this translates to a device used at 50-60 Hz vice real waveguide that is carrying a high-power RF signal in the MHz, GHz, or THz region is beyond me. Waveguides are for microwave energy, not for household AC voltage running at 60 Hz. There are just too many claims being made in the product literature for what their device is supposedly capable of. The good news is that the price is relatively cheap for those who are interested in investigating the claims being made.
          Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Working...
          X