Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transparent Opus Power Isolator installation...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent Opus Power Isolator installation...

My dealer delivered 2 Transparent Opus Power Isolator's yesterday. He put ~48 hours on them and I have another ~24 hours. So likely weeks away from fully broken in. They are replacing my Shunyata Triton v2 which itself is a killer power conditioner (it's off to another happy owner).

The phono stage & preamp are into 1 Opus Isolator to a dedicated 20 amp circuit. The Shunyata DPC6v2 into the other Isolator with another dedicated circuit. With my Vivaldi Clock, Upsamper, Trans, Router, NAS and Turntable table motor controller to the DPC6v2. Vivaldi DAC into the 2nd receptacle of the 2nd Isolator. My amp is direct to the wall with the Shunyata Typhon in parallel with it to a 3rd dedicated circuit. All power cords are Transparent Opus or Opus Source.

For you Transparent fans, if you haven't tried one of their new power cords, it's well worth a demo. The Opus Isolators are bringing a clarity, resolution, timbre, textures like I've never had before. All with a natural ease and involving character. Most power products I've demo'd take 30 days to strut their stuff. These are remarkable right out of the box...and I'm guessing will get better in the coming weeks.

I'll post more as these break in...I'm hearing things in vinyl and digital that I've never heard before from my most favorite recordings...
    Last edited by MylesBAstor; 08-09-2017, 10:37 PM. Reason: Transparent audio
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Preamp: Robert Koda K10
    Amp: Nagra HD Amps
    Cables: Transparent Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus phono
    Power Transparent Opus Power Cords & Opus Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Nice. How does it work.? Msrp?
    Spkr: Wilson Alexias; Amps: Lamm M1.2Ref; Linestage and phono: ARC Ref 10 and ARC Ref 10 Phono; TT: GPA Monaco 1.5 & 2.0; Arms: Kuzma 4Point, Tri-planar Mk. VII U2-SE; Cartridges: Allnic Arrow/Puritas, Benz LP S, Lyra Etna, Transfiguration Phoenix, Denon DL-A100,DL103R; Cables: Shunyata Ξtron Anaconda PC/SC/IC; Pwr Cond: Shunyata Triton II, Typhons(3); Isolation: SRA Scuttle3 rack, SRA Ohio Class XL plus2 amp stands, Stillpoints 5s under spkrs; Acoustics: Stillpoints Apertures; Audio cat: Finzi

Comment

16k USD includes 20 amp Opus Power cord...
      Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
      Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS

Comment

Are these massive isolation transformers/surge suppessors or are they active devices?
        Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Teac A3300SX R2R, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Jfrech - any updates on the Opus Isolator? Thanks.
          Spkr: Wilson Alexias; Amps: Lamm M1.2Ref; Linestage and phono: ARC Ref 10 and ARC Ref 10 Phono; TT: GPA Monaco 1.5 & 2.0; Arms: Kuzma 4Point, Tri-planar Mk. VII U2-SE; Cartridges: Allnic Arrow/Puritas, Benz LP S, Lyra Etna, Transfiguration Phoenix, Denon DL-A100,DL103R; Cables: Shunyata Ξtron Anaconda PC/SC/IC; Pwr Cond: Shunyata Triton II, Typhons(3); Isolation: SRA Scuttle3 rack, SRA Ohio Class XL plus2 amp stands, Stillpoints 5s under spkrs; Acoustics: Stillpoints Apertures; Audio cat: Finzi

Comment

Originally posted by tima View Post
            Jfrech - any updates on the Opus Isolator? Thanks.
            Yes, I've bought 3 of them now. One for preamp/phono, 2nd for dac and clock, 3rd for trans and upsampler. They seem to bring more resolution or definition, better textures, less noise, and somehow I listen to everything one click lower on the volume knob now. Just feels/sounds like more energy less bad stuff.

My Triton 2 and Typhon were sold. I did keep my DPC-6v2-it powers the Monaco TT controller, router and NAS drive....

I just ran out of funds to by another Typhon, I do like it in parallel to the amps.

In your system, you could try a Opus Isolator with Opus cord to the wall, then Opus cords to your ARC pre/phono. The Shunyata products are very good, and definitely a good bang for the $$'s. However, I do feel the Opus Isolators and Opus cords are better. Just more $$'s I also feel there is a synergy with my Transparent signal cabling...

Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2

Comment

Originally posted by jfrech View Post

Yes, I've bought 3 of them now. One for preamp/phono, 2nd for dac and clock, 3rd for trans and upsampler. They seem to bring more resolution or definition, better textures, less noise, and somehow I listen to everything one click lower on the volume knob now. Just feels/sounds like more energy less bad stuff.

My Triton 2 and Typhon were sold. I did keep my DPC-6v2-it powers the Monaco TT controller, router and NAS drive....

I just ran out of funds to by another Typhon, I do like it in parallel to the amps.

In your system, you could try a Opus Isolator with Opus cord to the wall, then Opus cords to your ARC pre/phono. The Shunyata products are very good, and definitely a good bang for the $$'s. However, I do feel the Opus Isolators and Opus cords are better. Just more $$'s I also feel there is a synergy with my Transparent signal cabling...
              Thanks for the update and recommendation - much appreciated. I'm just starting to re-evaluate my entire power and cable infrastructure. I prefer going with the loom concept from one manufacturer, but any switch-over would have to be done piece meal. A split between manufactures on signal cables and power may be a consideration. For now I'm considering the Opus line, Odin 2, and the Jorma Prime that Fred Crowder uses. Your suggestion for my front-end does sound appealing.

Comment

• jfrech
                jfrech commented
                Editing a comment
                Tima, my first foray into Transparent's power offerings was I replaced a Shunyata Sigma HC on my Triton v2 with a Opus power cord. It was a pretty significant improvement. Then replaced Sigma Analogs or Digitals with Opus Power cords to the Preamp and DAC. Then just kept going as funds permitted. Still using the Triton v2. So these do working together nicely. Then the Opus Isolator arrived...so out went the Triton...

Thanks for the post John. The product debuted at Axpona and Josh and I talked about it quite a bit. You have certainly piqued my interest. IIRC TA also has some down market versions of the power isolator too.

Can an you relate how the system sounds just with the power cords vs isolator plus power cord?
              Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
              Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• jfrech
                jfrech commented
                Editing a comment
                For a while I had my digital into 2 Opus Isolators (dac, clock, trans, ups) and the preamp/phono straight to the wall with Opus cords. It was pretty darn nice. Then tried a 3rd Isolator for preamp and phono and it was one of those first note things. Less noise, more resolution, better dynamics, textures especially in the bass. Just more clear, powerful, but more delicate too...

The best way to illustrate it to me is things sound more like live musicians. I was in a airport recently and had a 4 piece chamber group playing. Everything has incredible resolution and spacial presentation. It's aggressive...but delicate. Just a warmth and density of tone...it's how I describe Transparent cabling best...

I might add, It's well worth getting a few demo cables...guessing you have pretty good access here
                Last edited by jfrech; 08-10-2017, 08:58 AM. Reason: added demo comment

• MylesBAstor
                MylesBAstor commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!

Originally posted by jfrech View Post
              My dealer delivered 2 Transparent Opus Power Isolator's yesterday. He put ~48 hours on them and I have another ~24 hours. So likely weeks away from fully broken in. They are replacing my Shunyata Triton v2 which itself is a killer power conditioner (it's off to another happy owner).

The phono stage & preamp are into 1 Opus Isolator to a dedicated 20 amp circuit. The Shunyata DPC6v2 into the other Isolator with another dedicated circuit. With my Vivaldi Clock, Upsamper, Trans, Router, NAS and Turntable table motor controller to the DPC6v2. Vivaldi DAC into the 2nd receptacle of the 2nd Isolator. My amp is direct to the wall with the Shunyata Typhon in parallel with it to a 3rd dedicated circuit. All power cords are Transparent Opus or Opus Source.

For you Transparent fans, if you haven't tried one of their new power cords, it's well worth a demo. The Opus Isolators are bringing a clarity, resolution, timbre, textures like I've never had before. All with a natural ease and involving character. Most power products I've demo'd take 30 days to strut their stuff. These are remarkable right out of the box...and I'm guessing will get better in the coming weeks.

I'll post more as these break in...I'm hearing things in vinyl and digital that I've never heard before from my most favorite recordings...
              You can break power conditioners in using Alan's cable Cooker.
              Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
              Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Working...
              X