PS Audio P10 in living room system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Audio P10 in living room system

Click image for larger version  Name:	42816424612_fff13db336_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	162.6 KB ID:	89948

Week before last
    I purchased a PS Audio P10 AC regenerator. It replaced my PS Audio Power Plant Premier in the living room system that was purchased by a friend in Largo, Florida. I now have the P10 installed in my living room rack providing clean AC power to my sound system. Setup was a breeze using the touch screen display, but wrestling this 73 lb component was a chore. I am very pleased with the P10 performance, features, and ease of use.

I am fortunate to have a dedicated utility transformer on my property that feeds power to my home with no one else sharing it. My THD on the incoming AC is relatively low, and I suspect a portion of that THD comes from the connected household equipment, i.e air conditioning, refrigeration, computers, televisions, etc. The P10 is powered with a 20 amp dedicated circuit and powers all equipment in the rack except the power amplifier. The MC452 is powered from its own 20 amp dedicated circuit through a Furutech Flux 50 inline power filter. I am certain their is sufficient reserve power from the P10 to support the MC452 but I prefer it being fed in this manner. The P10 displays my incoming power at 124.5 volts with THD of 1.9%. The output is 120.6 volts with THD of 0.1%. The voltage regulation and THD reduction is essential to the the system operation which is sounding better than ever. The PS Audio P10 is a nice upgrade. I am very pleased I made this purchase.

Click image for larger version  Name:	28991823108_c2328f72a5_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	89949

Click image for larger version  Name:	41964045145_556163a071_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	171.0 KB ID:	89950
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE with SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
    LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

That is really cool. I'm making a whole bunch of changes in my system, maybe a regenerator is in the offing.
    Main System: VPI Prime, Ortofon A95, Bob's Devices VPI SUT, Bottlehead Eros Phono-pre, Phoenix Eagle and Roadrunner Tach, Cambridge Azur Universal Disc Player, Apple Airport Express, Mytek Liberty DAC, PrimaLuna Prologue PreAmp and Monoblocks, Martin Logan Summit X's. Bottlehead Crack w. Speedball Headphone Amp, Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by adeep42 View Post
      That is really cool. I'm making a whole bunch of changes in my system, maybe a regenerator is in the offing.
      adeep42.......I use AC regeneration in three different systems. Clean power is essential to an ultra quite noise floor. Everything begins with the alternating current. My studio two channel system uses a PurePower 2000 with battery backup. My home theater system uses a PS Audio Power Plant premier, and the PS Audio P10 now powers my living room system. I became a believer in AC regeneration many years ago and don't see that changing.
      Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE with SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
      LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

Comment

Excellent report on the P10 installation. Your system looks admirably clean and tidy. I'm using P10 with an MC352 amplifier, and from the beginning I've had it plugged into the P10 (as recommended by PS Audio), along with all other audio equipment. What am I missing by not going direct to the wall with my amplifier? Would not clean AC to the power amplifier be fairly important, especially if you're dealing with a robust unit like the P10. Or perhaps you don't think the P10 will handle peaks as well?
        Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Goheelz View Post
          Excellent report on the P10 installation. Your system looks admirably clean and tidy. I'm using P10 with an MC352 amplifier, and from the beginning I've had it plugged into the P10 (as recommended by PS Audio), along with all other audio equipment. What am I missing by not going direct to the wall with my amplifier? Would not clean AC to the power amplifier be fairly important, especially if you're dealing with a robust unit like the P10. Or perhaps you don't think the P10 will handle peaks as well?
          Goheelz.......I appreciate the compliment on my living room sound system. Thank you.

I know the PS Audio P10 will handle the current demand of the McIntosh MC452. If I did not have the additional 20 amp dedicated circuit, and did not use the Furutech Flux 50 inline filter plugged into the amplifier, I would certainly power the amp with the P10. There are two 20 amp dedicated circuits behind the audio rack, One feeds the P10 and the other feeds the MC452 amplifier. I want the amplifier of its own dedicated circuit. By using the Furutech Flux 50 I achieve excellent AC line noise rejection The Furutech Flux-50 filter is, in every sense of the word, a top-of-the-line high-performance filter that was designed to eliminate all radiated AC noise from high-quality audio and video systems without restricting current flow. The combination of a Wireworld Silver Electra power cable plugged into the Furutech Flux 50 filter, then into the MC452 delivers clean AC to the amplifier without the need to have it loading the P10's output. The PS Audio P10 AC regenerator feeding the preamplifier and all source components, plus the Furutech Flux 50 feeding the power amplifier make formidable allies in producing remarkably pure audio from this sound system.
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X