Transparent vs Isotek power conditioner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent vs Isotek power conditioner

Maybe Joe or someone know this. Are these 2 brands pretty much the same. Same as in built with the same type of filtering components. Thanks
    PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI preamp,
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
    Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

The Transparent Audio and IsoTek conditioners are different.

I have not tried the Transparent units in many years so can't comment.

IsoTek has a wide range of passive conditioners and a couple of regenerators. The passive conditioners are not based on isolation transformers but use specialized choke filters designed for maximum power transmission and other proprietary circuits designed to minimize cross contamination between outlets and balancing power demand.

My opinion is that ALL power conditioners and regenerators take something away. But they can have positive benefits especially if you have bad power or bad interaction between components. The trick is to get a device where the advantages out way the disadvantages in YOUR system. The only way to know is to try them in your system. Relying on other peoples opinions is risky IMO.

Comment

I'm going to take it home tomorrow. I'm so sick of the humming . It's killing me. I'm listening to Shirley Horn with my Wife. Onto I Remember Miles now. I can hear the darn hum in my chair durring quiet passages.
      PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI preamp,
      Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
      Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Pittman View Post
        The Transparent Audio and IsoTek conditioners are different.

I have not tried the Transparent units in many years so can't comment.

IsoTek has a wide range of passive conditioners and a couple of regenerators. The passive conditioners are not based on isolation transformers but use specialized choke filters designed for maximum power transmission and other proprietary circuits designed to minimize cross contamination between outlets and balancing power demand.

My opinion is that ALL power conditioners and regenerators take something away. But they can have positive benefits especially if you have bad power or bad interaction between components. The trick is to get a device where the advantages out way the disadvantages in YOUR system. The only way to know is to try them in your system. Relying on other peoples opinions is risky IMO.
        I used to feel this way until I used Running Springs Audio stuff, made by the elite capacitor and component maker API. Can you comment on the negative impact on their components, I haven't heard my system without it for many years, may need to take a listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingrex View Post
          I'm going to take it home tomorrow. I'm so sick of the humming . It's killing me. I'm listening to Shirley Horn with my Wife. Onto I Remember Miles now. I can hear the darn hum in my chair durring quiet passages.
          Maybe we need to make "hush boxes" that fully enclose the transformers so we can't hear the mechanical hum. I was thinking of making acrylic boxes lined with Sonex...

Comment

It's out my speakers. Especially bad tonight. It was ok in the morning. Even 3:00 pm is getting bad. Tonight is just horrible. My 96db speakers don't help. The 89db are a lot less revealing of the dirty power.

Why did you try the Running Springs Jeff? Your using it with Lamm amps? Did you start with it on the Lamm or something else. If you pull it out, let me know what you hear. I'm curious the change.

Comment

What kind of humming? A ground loop or transformers in your amps? I am not sure a power conditioner will help on this item...

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
              Amps: Nagra HD Pre Amp & HD Amps
              Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus Source and Opus Gen 5 Pre to amp and Speaker
              Power Transparent Opus Power Cords & Opus Isolators
              Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
              Phono: Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
              Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x4)

Comment

It's out my speakers. Especially bad tonight. It was ok in the morning. Even 3:00 pm is getting bad. Tonight is just horrible. My 96db speakers don't help. The 89db are a lot less revealing of the dirty power.

Why did you try the Running Springs Jeff? Your using it with Lamm amps? Did you start with it on the Lamm or something else. If you pull it out, let me know what you hear. I'm curious the change.
                This sounds like a ground loop. I'd try cheater plugs and lift a few grounds. Maybe start with the amps. You may still like a power conditioner (I love my Transparent Opus Conditioners) but I doubt it'll help with what you're describing.
                Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
                Amps: Nagra HD Pre Amp & HD Amps
                Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus Source and Opus Gen 5 Pre to amp and Speaker
                Power Transparent Opus Power Cords & Opus Isolators
                Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
                Phono: Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
                Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x4)

Comment

Working...
                X