OK I took the bait

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I took the bait

I just got back from a business trip and I had a box waiting for me.

I am going to experiment with a Entreq Silver Telus versus my own custom ground scheme using good engineering principles. Let the best man win. I figure rather that cast doubt I will try. I had the opportunity to pick a previously enjoyed unit from a trusted source that went up the ladder with a similar concept but for way more cash with a different manufacturer.

It will be fun... don't know when I will get to it but it will be in line with the new cartridge and new tape & repro and new isolation that is loafing around waiting for proper installation into the system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Entreq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	55608

Front end: Aesthetix Io Signature with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point , Brinkmann 12.1 , Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM
    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2 - Custom Direct Drive to supply Beveridge Electrostatics
    Pre-Amps: ARC SP 3a, Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3, REL S/2 x 2

I am very interested in your feedback!!!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Fuuga cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, MPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
      I am very interested in your feedback!!!
      I will certainly report back with some time on the unit -thanks.
      Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point , Brinkmann 12.1 , Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM
      Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2 - Custom Direct Drive to supply Beveridge Electrostatics

Comment

It's been almost a year. Any results?
        Digital (HDCD): Yaqin SD-32A
        Tape Decks: Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2 (X2) and BII-2H
        Turntable: VPI Prime Signature, ADS, Periphery Clamp
        Cartridges/Arms: Soundsmith Voice on JMW 10 3DR & Lyra Delos on JMW 10 3D
        Phono Preamp: Zestos Andros PS1
        Amp: Manley Stingray II Amp
        Speakers: Madisound Zaph ZRT 2.5 Speakers, Dual Homemade 10" Subs
        Accessories: VPI 16.5, Parasound ZPhono USB, JTP Cables, Homemade Dual Cartridge Timers with Remote Trigger

Comment

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually four months but am waiting like you! Z🔜

• mep
          mep commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm waiting too and I suspect that kcin is going to tell us the truth as he hears it.

I respect Entreq, but I’m more of an active grounding man (eg: Telos, Synergistic). Will your DIY grounding block be active or passive kcin?
        Last edited by Bodhi; 10-31-2017, 07:38 AM.
        Front End: Vitus SCD-025 Mk2, Oppo BPD-103 Amp: Vitus SIA-025 Speakers: Magico S5 Mk2 Isolation: Taoc ASR series racks, Taoc SCB-RS-HC50G, Stillpoints Ultra 6's + Bases/Mini's/LPI's AC Power: Furutech GTX-D(G), Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo, Jorma Prime pc's (re-terminated with cryo'd Oyaide M1/F1’s), Jorma Unity pc (re-terminated with Oyaide P-004/C-004’s) Cables: Jorma Prime xlr's + Statement sc's, Siltech Classic Anniversary rca's + HDMI Tweaks: Acoustic Revive (various), Akiko E-tuning Gold MkII

Comment

I have two of these. I will interested in hearing your opinion. I may be guilty of expectation bias when I first bought them 3 years ago. Today, I’m not sure I hear any real benefit..yet they remain in the system.
          Christian
          System Gear

Comment

• Billy Shears
            Billy Shears commented
            Editing a comment
            The problem is, we all get so used to the sound "improvements" they become the new normal. The only way to know is to take them out of the system and do A-B...

• rockitman
            rockitman commented
            Editing a comment
            This is very true and something I need to consider. Maybe I should try two wires from my amp’ silver Tellus to the neg/ground connection on my speakers?

• Billy Shears
            Billy Shears commented
            Editing a comment
            You know its interesting. Tannoy amongst a very few other Brands offer a 5th binding post for grounding. Everyone who has tried it has not looked back since. Don't know why that is not more common practice. Not sure what the best way to ground a speaker without a dedicated earth point would be...

I will have more to say soon. Truthfully, I forgot about this thread. I have been preoccupied with travelling for work since June which has left less time than I'd like for diversions. I've been trying to finish off my home brewed tape repro to compare against the dehavilland and continue to modify the Otari,

My GFS sits in the box and I have devised my own passive ground scheme to a-b against. I will have a Synergistic unit over to borrow for some time so I might wait for that to comment further.

Thanks for keeping me honest!

Comment

That new Synergistic research active ground block looks very interesting. Would love to know how it stacks up against the passive boxes...

Comment

Not that a youtube video would be conclusive on any level but found it interesting nonetheless....

Comment

Working...
              X