Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Household EMP Shielding Product - Who Knew?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Household EMP Shielding Product - Who Knew?

I just became aware of this product application. So will be doing more research before considering. As of yet they haven't been swallowed up by Leidos or the like so the technology is fairly fresh. If you know of any similar products or had experience that you can talk about please feel free to comment.

http://www.myempshield.com/FAQ.htm

Different system input voltage allows for marine, solar, automotive, and other DC & AC system applications as well as protection from multiple events - so not just a one time consumable - suppose to meet & exceed whatever milspec the gov't has (?) and tested for that at Keystone Compliance Testing Labs in Pa.
    Last edited by Spla'nin; 12-03-2017, 11:26 AM.

I don't know about that product, but if I build a new home one day I want to incorporate insulation around the outside of my house from EMR & RFI, such as the gazillion wifi signals which bombard your home from nearby houses, whilst not interfering with the wifi signal inside the house & to the back yard/decking. In addition, my treated listening room will have dedicated 20a lines through audiophile grade in-wall cable to an audiophile distribution box/iso transformer. The idea being to isolate my listening room in particular from noise and all kinds of EMR/RFI to improve the sound obviously, but also to create a healthy environment.
    Front End: Vitus SCD-025 Mk2, Oppo BPD-103 Amp: Vitus SIA-025 Speakers: Magico S5 Mk2 Isolation: Taoc ASR series racks, Taoc SCB-RS-HC50G, Stillpoints Ultra 6's + Bases/Mini's/LPI's AC Power: Furutech GTX-D(G), Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo, Jorma Prime pc's (re-terminated with cryo'd Oyaide M1/F1’s), Jorma Unity pc (re-terminated with Oyaide P-004/C-004’s) Cables: Jorma Prime xlr's + Statement sc's, Siltech Classic Anniversary rca's + HDMI Tweaks: Acoustic Revive (various), Akiko E-tuning Gold MkII

Comment

• JimTimP
      JimTimP commented
      Editing a comment
      Now, remember if you create the equivalent of a Faraday shield around your house, not only does it keep signals out, it keeps them in. So Cellphones, Home WiFi, etc are going to actually be more of an issue as the signals are bounced around inside the home much 'betterer;.

• cpp
      cpp commented
      Editing a comment
      Well building your home to prevent EMR & RFI signals for your safety doesn't do much when you go outside and work in the yard for a few hours or relax on the water, or take a walk in the park.

• Bodhi
      Bodhi commented
      Editing a comment
      JimTimP, cpp, You're right, It's a catch 22 situation as you described. Maybe a compromise is to incorporate EMR/RFI protection in your dedicated listening room only in the possible form of both passive and active treatment, and simply switch off your wifi at night to get (somewhat) of a break from all that radiation. I say "somewhat" as you'd still be bombarded with radio signals, cell phone towers, neighbors wifi etc. What r ya gonna do?

While I am not sure it will help,sound , I do think it's good for our health. It will effect the any blue tooth n wifi enabled devices I. Your home regardless of what they say. Why so many smart home tech does not allow for hard connections is sad. Nest , Alexa , Google , direct tv just to name some I use. Then there's tablets used to control our headless music systems.

Comment

• Spla'nin
      Spla'nin commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point about assessing the interactivity with 'friendly' wifi if any. Seems to be white papers are restricted in content due to fear of potential for sharing technology w/hostiles.

In addition to sarking per AS requirements, I use this stuff internally over insulation batts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiant-Bar....c100005.m1851

This Mylar really works. It will kill any EM signal. Put your phone in a box lined with this stuff and it will not receive any signal.
    Steve

Studer Enthusiast

Comment

• Bodhi
      Bodhi commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve, does that disrupt wifi or cellular signals inside the home?

It's interesting that the Russian's were still using & making tubes for their military electronics / MIG's until they were able to get reliable exotic solid state technology to meet their EMP spec. Historically every tube user benefited directly or indirectly from this Russian policy. It would be interesting to find out what portion of current tube production still comes from the Russians, Chinese and their allies.

Comment

Working...
    X