Better Use of PS Audio P10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Use of PS Audio P10

In an effort to more easily control the power to my Audio Note OTO and Woo WA6-SE, I connected both P10’s to the Internet and bypassed my Equi=Techs such that the OTO and the WA6-SE go directly into dedicated zones that can be powered up and down from my iPad or any device with a browser through the PS Audio web-based interface. This makes it much simpler to control the amount of time that both amps stay on, extending the tube life, and running both amps directly into the P10’s appears to improve the sound.
    Transrotor Rossini Turntable w/Jelco SA-750DB
    Audio Note Io Gold Cart. w/AN-S9 SUT
    Audio Note CDT-Four Transport/Woo WDS-1 DAC
    Ayre QX-5 Twenty Dig. Hub & 13” MacBook Pro w/Roon w/Melco N1A NAS
    AN OTO Phono SE Signature Int. Amp w/AN-E SEC Silver Speakers w/Murata Super Tweeters
    Purple J-Corder 1520 R2R and Nakamichi Dragon Cassette Deck
    PSAudio P10 AC Regen./Equi=Tech Bal. Transformer
    Harmonic Technology, Audio Note, Kondo Sound Labs, Stealth, AQ Cables
    Woo GES w/Sfax SR-507 Headphones

I had at one time 4 of them. Three p10 and one p5. They really made a diffence and it was cool to turn on my stuff remotely and have it warm when I arrived.

Comment

Is it really necessary to have so many P10's in the same system? I have been thinking of buying one and based on the power ratings of the P10 and the power consumption of my gear, one would definitely suffice. Is there any reason not to trust the data provided by the manufacturers?

Thank you!
      Luiz F Coimbra

Magico S5 Mk. II
      Zanden 120
      Zanden 3100
      Zanden 8120
      Kuzma Stabi Reference 2 / 4 Point
      Benz LP-S
      Argento Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
        Is it really necessary to have so many P10's in the same system? I have been thinking of buying one and based on the power ratings of the P10 and the power consumption of my gear, one would definitely suffice. Is there any reason not to trust the data provided by the manufacturers?

Thank you!
        Does the P10 exceed the required power of your System by factor 1.5-2? If yes, one should be just fine. If its less than 1.5 you may hear improvements...

Comment

Working...
        X